“Excellent service and lovely food!”
Review of October

October
Ranked #399 of 2,543 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Stylish contemporary dining in Glasgow city centre October Cafe Bar is a cosmopolitan cafe, restaurant and club bar in the penthouse of the fashionable Princes Square shopping centre. By day, the Buchanan Street venue is a chic, contemporary dining venue - ideal for a business lunch or a stylish place to stop and refuel in between shops. DJs quicken the pace in the evenings, making Octobber a buzzy, rooftop dinner destination.
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Visited today at lunch with a friend and couldn't be happier. Our waitress Hannah was great, and answered every question we had about the food and drinks menu. She was very friendly and really made our visit special. We sat on the terrace, which was beautiful and let us watch the world pass by as we ate. We had club sandwiches, which had just the right amount of filling for a light lunch. Can't recommend the place enough and will be visiting again soon.

novemberglasgow, General Manager at October, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a fabulous review! I am delighted to hear that you had such a lovely lunch and that Hannah was able to really go that extra mile for you and deliver first class customer service. I will pass your comments on to both her and the rest of the team here at October. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was here last Friday for drinks. Atmosphere was great and the service fast and efficient. I was with a group of friends and we were working our way through the cocktail menu and my favourite was the raspberry fizz and this was made by Leona. She explained to me what was in the cocktail and was really friendly and patient when dealing with a group of woman who had too much to drink!! Keep up the good work.

novemberglasgow, General Manager at October, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a great review! I am delighted to hear that you had such an awesome night and that the atmosphere and service was just right for you! We’re not surprised the raspberry fizz was your cocktail of choice, it’s delicious and definitely a contender for one of our favourites! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Recent experience was not good. Website didn't work on my iPad, took three phone calls to confirm booking, to an 0845 number....
Apparently the seat we were given wasn't suitable for the number of people I had booked for?
Menu states 'drink and a cocktail', were told it was only certain cocktails, after we had ordered our drinks...
Were told, as we were still eating/drinking, that the bill was about to be brought over as they 'like to have all the bills paid by 10'
Really not a great service! Felt uncomfortable, wouldn't go back

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent experience in October. Firstly I would like to apologise that we let you down in the initial booking stages of your reservation. We have been having a few teething problems lately due to a new system but we are all up and running smoothly now.

I’m not sure what menu you dined from as the only menu we have is with a drink inclusive is our market menu and that does state that the drink included either a glass of wine or a cocktail. The waiter or waitress should have advised you what cocktails were included as part of the offer.

Thank you for bringing these service issues to my attention, I have discussed them with my team and made the necessary changes to ensure that they don’t happen again. Hopefully you will give us the chance to show that we have made these changes and are delivering a higher quality of service.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had friends visiting and decided to go to October for a late lunch, we didn't book but were accommodated. Despite being busy there was a good atmosphere, food was delivered reasonably quickly and good portions.
The staff were friendly although could have been a bit more attentive regularly having to attract their attention when wanting something, would definitely return and also recommend booking as it gets very busy.

Thank you for writing us such a great review of your recent visit to October. I’m delighted to hear that you had such a great time and really enjoyed the food, atmosphere and fast service! I will pass your comments on to my team about being more attentive and it’s certainly something we can work at. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We went with a voucher deal, & had cocktails to start & I ordered a steak burger with fried onions & cheese. I've had supposedly the best burger in Glasgow in Buddys, however I have to say this one was on a par, if not better than Buddys, & thats saying something. The waiter was nice and friendly and attentive too. Will definitely be back for the full price burger!

novemberglasgow, General Manager at October, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Thanks for writing us such an awesome review! I‘m delighted to hear that you really enjoyed our burgers and we lived up to your high expectations! I’ll pass your kind words on to our kitchen team, next time you’re in you should definitely try our fajitas – they’re just as awesome as our burgers! We look forward to seeing you again very soon!