“Not good”

October
Ranked #371 of 2,428 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Stylish contemporary dining in Glasgow city centre October Cafe Bar is a cosmopolitan cafe, restaurant and club bar in the penthouse of the fashionable Princes Square shopping centre. By day, the Buchanan Street venue is a chic, contemporary dining venue - ideal for a business lunch or a stylish place to stop and refuel in between shops. DJs quicken the pace in the evenings, making Octobber a buzzy, rooftop dinner destination.
“Not good”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Recent experience was not good. Website didn't work on my iPad, took three phone calls to confirm booking, to an 0845 number....
Apparently the seat we were given wasn't suitable for the number of people I had booked for?
Menu states 'drink and a cocktail', were told it was only certain cocktails, after we had ordered our drinks...
Were told, as we were still eating/drinking, that the bill was about to be brought over as they 'like to have all the bills paid by 10'
Really not a great service! Felt uncomfortable, wouldn't go back

• Visited March 2014
novemberglasgow, General Manager at October, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent experience in October. Firstly I would like to apologise that we let you down in the initial booking stages of your reservation. We have been having a few teething problems lately due to a new system but we are all up and running smoothly now.

I’m not sure what menu you dined from as the only menu we have is with a drink inclusive is our market menu and that does state that the drink included either a glass of wine or a cocktail. The waiter or waitress should have advised you what cocktails were included as part of the offer.

Thank you for bringing these service issues to my attention, I have discussed them with my team and made the necessary changes to ensure that they don’t happen again. Hopefully you will give us the chance to show that we have made these changes and are delivering a higher quality of service.

“Very good”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had friends visiting and decided to go to October for a late lunch, we didn't book but were accommodated. Despite being busy there was a good atmosphere, food was delivered reasonably quickly and good portions.
The staff were friendly although could have been a bit more attentive regularly having to attract their attention when wanting something, would definitely return and also recommend booking as it gets very busy.

• Visited February 2014
Thank you for writing us such a great review of your recent visit to October. I’m delighted to hear that you had such a great time and really enjoyed the food, atmosphere and fast service! I will pass your comments on to my team about being more attentive and it’s certainly something we can work at. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Scotland
“Just fantastic!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We went with a voucher deal, & had cocktails to start & I ordered a steak burger with fried onions & cheese. I've had supposedly the best burger in Glasgow in Buddys, however I have to say this one was on a par, if not better than Buddys, & thats saying something. The waiter was nice and friendly and attentive too. Will definitely be back for the full price burger!

• Visited February 2014
novemberglasgow, General Manager at October, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thanks for writing us such an awesome review! I‘m delighted to hear that you really enjoyed our burgers and we lived up to your high expectations! I’ll pass your kind words on to our kitchen team, next time you’re in you should definitely try our fajitas – they’re just as awesome as our burgers! We look forward to seeing you again very soon!
“Great with kids”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Served by both Karen & Hannah last Thursday for lunch with my husband and 2 year old. Both girls were great in recommending dishes which could be made into kids portions as there is no actual kids menu and paid as much attention to him as the adults. Nice personal touch

Visited February 2014
Thanks for writing us such a tremendous review! We think it’s just important to look after the little ones as it is the adults and we find that kids prefer to choose the same dishes as adults – in smaller portions of course! Both Karen and Hannah are great assets to October and are very popular with our customers; I will pass your kind comments on to them both!
We look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Scotland
“Hidden little gem!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Weeknight treat for me and my hubster. Reserved a table for two on the balcony. We had a round of drinks before the table was available which was fine. Two rounds of burgers and two Cosmo cocktails. Burgers were handmade and cooked as we asked, medium. Lovely taste and nice buns. Lovely coleslaw and pepper relish to go with it. Rounded off with teas and coffees. Good service without being too intrusive, nice balance. We had a lovely night.

• Visited February 2014
Thank you for writing us such a lovely review, it’s always great to hear such lovely feedback from our customers as it lets us know we are getting it right! Our handmade burgers are very popular and I’m delighted to hear that you loved them – I will pass your kind comments on to our kitchen team! We look forward to seeing you again soon!