“There is nothing like travelling with Ricki”
Review of About Scotland

About Scotland
Ranked #18 of 85 Tours in Glasgow
Reviewed November 7, 2013

It was ur second tour with Ricki this fall. We had such a great experience two years ago we just had to do it again. He tailored a tour just the way we wanted it. Off course the weather and the beautiful autumn colors helped a lot but it was Ricki who took us to places that were beyond our imagination.
We travelled with two hildren (9 and 11) who grew very fond of him. he did not even mind them singing all day long in his car (although it did drive us crazy). he is just very good with kids.
The trip was just amazing and the only thing we did not like was saying goodbeye.
If you are thinking about travelling with Ricki. Do not doubt. He is the best.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful sojourn in Scotland and had Ricki as our driver and guide. We totally recommend him as a guide. He has a great indepth knowledge of Scotland's history and his easy going manner and attention to the needs of our group was greatly appreciated. We hope to be back some day! Jean & Bev, Vancouver, Canada

Reviewed October 11, 2013

He's the man when it comes to the personal tour around Scotland, his local knowledge is almost as good as his easy manner, I totally recommend him for the Scottish experience ! I should know I was born there,

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I whole heartedly recommend booking a tour with Ricki at About Scotland. I've just returned from my second tour with him. Last year was fabulous and this time was also. I traveled with my husband and parents. We communicated with Ricki beforehand to customize an itinerary unique to our individual tastes. Ricki took all of our requests into account and also showed us fascinating sights we didn't even know existed. That's only part of the beauty of traveling with him. Ricki is bursting with knowledge, enthusiasm, kindness and good humor. Do yourself a favor and book a tour with the best. Ricki never disappoints. I'm already brainstorming my 3rd tour of Scotland... with Ricki, of course!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just returned from a tour with Ricki Henderson for a group of 5 adults. Everyone loved Ricki and had a great time on the tour as well. There was plenty of room for 5 adults and a lot of luggage in Ricki's Mercedes van. The ride was great and he got us safely to all our destinations. Ricki had a lot of great information on our drives as well and also got us to some very nice stops for lunch and dinner.

I had arranged for our lodging and had an outline of the itinerary for him, so we did not take advantage of his services for much of that. We had only one hiccup with a site not being open for tours, but other than that, all went smoothly on our tour. He was even able to work around a minor illness and a number of times we went far too long due to shopping. All in all, everyone agreed it worked out great for us and was far better than being on a group bus tour.

I should note that Ricki's service was somewhat less expensive than any other tour company I contacted for a private tour with similar itinerary. The tradeoff is that he does not guide you at most of the major tourist attractions, leaving them as self-guided tours if you don't happen to catch one of the tours provided, usually at fixed times. That turned out not to be an issue for us, but it is worth noting for anyone else is wanting a full time guide throughout your trip, like those we have had on private tours in other countries.

I would highly recommend Ricki to anyone looking for a driver/guide, especially if you don't mind doing some of the work for lodging, itineraries and can do self-guided tours of the major destinations. I expect Ricki can do all that as well upon request, too. Thanks, Ricki, for a great trip to Scotland for us and for our mom!