1,119 results
All reviews warm cookies double tree brisket executive floor great hotel leisure facilities on arrival sauna and steam room beds were very comfortable sauchiehall street excellent stay would stay again car park tea and coffee checking in member of staff breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed one night as part of a tour. We found the facilities to be quite nice. Great bed. Great shower. Lots of hot water. Good food. Great room. Close to services and activities. Nothing but praise.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
GaryR2707, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Glasgow Central, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear woodmister,

Thank you for your recent excellent review of the hotel - I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in the future if travelling again to Scotland.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Close to many restaurants and transportation around the city as well as getting out of the city. Rooms were very comfortable and staff were very helpful! Lovely bar and good breakfast - even the haggis!

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends

Dear Marguerite S,

Thank you for your 5 star review and feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Most things about this hotel are good- bedroom was huge and beds nice and comfy, great pool &jacuzzi etc, good variety at breakfast (altho the "hot" buffet was luke warm at best) and staff were pleasant. However, we were allocated room 420 near the lifts and my word...what a racket they make ALL NIGHT LONG. Kept myself and my son awake. When we mentioned this at check out the reception member didnt seem to want to know.
Also, when we tried to check in at 4pm, we were told our room still wasn't ready (!!!) & we had to wait in the lobby. After a while a reception staff member told me it was ready & we completed the check in process (we weren't offered any cookies), but when we got to the room the housekeeping staff were only halfway through cleaning it & seemed totally embarrassed that we had to sit and wait on one bed for them to finish. A few moments after she left another member of housekeeping came and seemed rather cross with reception, apologising for us having a room that wasnt ready & moaning that we should never have been sent up yet! All that aside, the room was fantastic (bar the missing hairdryer & ridiculous all night noise from the lifts) and we enjoyed our stay.
The previous night we had stayed at the Premier Inn Pacific Quay and I must say the Doubletree Hilton could learn a lot from them. Their staff went above and beyond, they were far friendlier and polite than the Hilton staff and their breakfast was much better (it was hot!!). Plud it was two thirds the price of our Hilton room.
Yes the Hilton is nice and more luxurious but the staff can really make a hotel and all the little touches count for a lot. Hilton Doubletree you could be so much better if you just tried a little harder to iron out the little flaws!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank ShonaArnside
GaryR2707, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Glasgow Central, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear ShonaArnside,

Thank you for your detailed review following your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us. I am sorry that you experienced some short falls and lack of attention to detail in areas of your stay. We appreciate your feedback to allow us to continue to review and improve.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've stayed at this hotel before when it was owned by another company. It was OK then but it's now greatly improved.

My room was lovely - clean, modern and comfortable. Breakfast is fantastic! All the usual goodies with plenty of added Scottish extras - fresh and very high quality - a beautiful start to the day. All the staff in reception were exceptionally welcoming and helpful throughout our stay.

It's a good location near the top of the main shopping street and other attractions. It's also handy for the underground - there's a stop nearby.

I was really impressed. I often stay at other Doubletree hotels in London but this one in Glasgow beats them all - excellent!

Stayed: September 2018

Dear Glyntrepid.

Thank you for your excellent review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and the updated look and feel of the hotel. We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I arrived wet, tired and early. My room wasn't ready of course so they gave me an upgraded room on the executive floor despite my appearance. Both the staff and room were everything you could ask for. Kudos to this hotel and a big thanks from a very exhausted and bedraggled traveler!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank jeannie m

Dear jeannie m,

Thank you for your recent excellent review. I am pleased you were able to enjoy one of our executive rooms after your long journey to get here.