1,087 results
All reviewswarm cookiesdouble treebrisketexecutive floorgreat hotelleisure facilitieson arrivalsteam roombeds were very comfortablesauchiehall streetexcellent staywould stay againcar parktea and coffeechecking inbreakfast was excellentmember of staff
Reviewed November 21, 2017

Second stay in just a few weeks .Still feels very new since it had a refurbishment and staff are all very friendly special mention to Michelle on reception who was a great advert for the company and couldn't do enough to make our stay first class will definitely be back again

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Gary R, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Glasgow Central, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2017

Dear dookers,

Thank you for your lovely review of the hotel staff and facilities and we hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Kind Regards
Gary Rice, Director of Operations

Reviewed November 20, 2017

Good location not too far from centre. Easy smooth check~in with the warm cookie presented. Our room was on the 5th floor. Quiet with only occasional traffic noise. Huge rooms with massive bed. 2 comfy chairs and table. plenty space to relax after shopping. Tea and coffee available. Compact bathroom with super shower over bath. Big fluffy towels.
The only gripe we had was we found the beds over firm, I'm sure if we'd asked toppers would have been provided but as it was 2 nights only ~ we managed.

The breakfasts were amazing~ hot hot plates . Food lovely. It's a pity we couldn't help ourselves to coffee n tea as sometimes there was a fair wait for the server to come round. There was even haggis if you fancied it.
We ate in Brisket on the 2nd night set menu £16 for 2 courses and very good value it was too.
We will return again

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank loveholidaysNo1
Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

Great location and modernised to a very high standard. Staff great, food lovely and room very comfortable. Did miss having a fridge though and no sky channels or would have scored a 5. Easy walking distance to the city centre and Glasgow Queen street station.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Booked765
Reviewed November 19, 2017

I stayed at the hotel as I was attending a function. I recall being quite underwhelmed at my last visit and to be honest was not really looking forward to my stay. What a pleasant surprise! The hotel has undergone a makeover and is transformed. the bar area is really comfortable and welcoming as is the original lounge area. My room was a good size, with a large bed. There was a long unit in front of the mirror, ideal for working or hair-drying etc. Well laid out room, with no need to go crawling about looking for plugs. Food at the function was typical of large scale catering, but service throughout my stay was very good. Breakfast-both in terms of quality and service-were both good. All in all a really comfortable stay, with the added of bonus of being central to City Centre. I certainly would return.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2017

We stayed here with 4 girls in 2 standard rooms, early November 2017. It was an amazing experience, the location is great for exploring and shopping in Glasgow. Reception staff was helpful, we got the Double Tree cookie at check in, always a nice welcome :) They helped us booking an excursion through the highlands for Sunday and we were awed by the beauty of Scotland. We spent some time in the swimming pool, which is quite cold compared to the jacuzzi which is very warm. It's a bit more worn than visual on the photos but overall it's nice to have these free of charge amenities to relax after a busy day. You get towels and a locker at their desk so no need to drag everything down from your room. Breakfast was delicious! So much choice, the traditional UK servings, but also muffins, fruits, cereal, you name it. On Saturday we arrived at breakfast around 10:15, which was extremely busy. A queue to get a table and no more glasses or plates on the buffet. There must have been a party the day before because all guests were eating quite late and the place was packed. Staff took it well though, brought out new plates and restocked for the last half hour of breakfast service. A slight delay, but nothing too serious. Upon check out (we checked out separately as I was leaving earlier than my friends) they mixed up my payment with another room, causing the girls to do some investigation why they were still asked to pay, as I settled the bill already. So some confusion there again, but these are all minor things. I loved my stay in Glasgow and recommend future visitors of this city to stay in this hotel, 100%!

Room Tip: 338 and 329 are perfect, although 329 has a better view
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends