“Great location for Glasgow Shows”

The Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
Ranked #33 of 274 things to do in Glasgow
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Most of the city's major musical performances and operas are held here.
Dunoon
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great location for Glasgow Shows”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Not the biggest venue for shows but very intimate. The bar area isnt very intimate.
Parking during the evening is fairly easy as it's walkable,

Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Milngavie, United Kingdom
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Nicola Benedetti - STAR OF THE SHOW”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Attended the Concert Hall for opening night of Celtic Connections. Great night with variety of performers but without a doubt what made it a memorable night was the wonderful contribution by Nicola. As they say in Glasgow 'what is she like !' A truly gifted musician with that undefinable star quality, but with her feet on the ground.
Concert hall is a great venue with easy access except for the toilets ! Thankfully I didn't have to join the Q for the Ladies......it was long.
Tip for the future ........ go early.

Visited January 2014
Sacramento, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Not a bad seat in the Royal Concert Hall”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Recently attended a Celtic Connections concert at the Royal Concert Hall: Mary Chapin Carpenter and the Glasgow Symphony. It was being recorded by Scotland BBC Radio. It was glorious. I was surrounded by Mary's beautiful voice and the orchestra's beautiful music. My seat was in the first row of the first tier. It was a very memorable evening. If you have an opportunity to attend a performance, don't turn it down. You won't regret it!

Visited January 2014
Strathaven, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Transatlantic Sessions”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We had a fantastic time at the Transatlantic Sessions in the Royal Concert Halls. Such a perfect venue for so many of the Celtic Connections festival concerts / events. We've been going to this for the past few years and will be back again next year. Beautiful auditorium and love the location of the concert halls.

Visited February 2014
Renfrew, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Great venue but these seats are shocking.”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have been to many concerts at the Royal Concert Hall and everyone has been great with great seats and fantastic sound but last night we attended the Transatlantic Sessions concert supposedly featuring Shawn Colvin, who I have been waiting for years to see live but unfortunately for me as I wanted to see Shawn she was only involved in playing 4songs but that's an aside.
My main complaint is the seating, when I booked the tickets i was told that these seats were just to the left of the stage which I presumed would be fine as we sat to the left of the stage for The Bootleg Beatles in December and they were great but when we arrived at the venue and were shown to our seats they were actually well behind the stage and the band.
When the concert started the sound was awful, you could hardly make out anything and when there was any dialogue you could not make out what was being said, apparently a few pieces were story's about the song and some were funny going by the reaction of the audience but no one in our section laughed as we could not make out what was being said.
Another moan I have about these seats is that as they are in a row just at a passage and there is a safety rail along the length of the row which is exactly at eye height so you spend time moving up and down to see the stage.
At the break in the concert we noticed that some people were standing around the top of the aisles around the hall and this is what we did for the second half of the concert, only then did we see that there was more artists on stage that we could not see from the original seating.
I must say this will not put me off the Royal Concert Hall as I love this venue but I will never purchase tickets for this location again.
Our seating was in block 8 row D seats 1-2.
As I stated at the start I love this venue but these seats really spoiled it for me thus the poor revue. I will hopefully be back to give a more positive revue in July when we go to see Hall and Oates where our seats are in the stalls.

Visited February 2014