1,664 results
All reviewshonours restaurantbig yingreek orthodox churchduplex suitechateaubriandmini barq parkcity centrelovely hotelstandard roomreception staffclub roomrestaurant staffcooked breakfastlovely roomstreet noisean overnight stay
Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

We had a voucher for over night dinner and breakfast. Check in was fine except they didn’t have our dinner reservation which we though was at Honours but no signs or confirmation from reception so assumed We were wrong and Booked for the hotel restaurant Chez Mal.

The room was fine. Typical malmaison of being nice but not spectacular. Actually very noisy with the lift nearby and the room next door being very clear with people just speaking.

Dinner. Service diabolical but this was acknowledged with drinks being given free. The food when it arrived a long time later was decent fair.

We had to leave around 10pm for personal reasons though we had fears about the noise being heard from next door and the corridor though I can’t realise that since had to go.

All in all an uninspiring visit and not one I would look to repeat on this basis even if I wasn’t paying.

Stayed: December 2017
GlasgowMal, General Manager at Malmaison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2017

Hi ScottGlasgow,

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to fully enjoy your time with us & that you had to leave us early. We would have been happy to re-accommodate you in another room away from the lift had we been aware it was disturbing you.

I will pick up directly with our Food & Beverage Manager with regard to the issues experienced during dinner service with lengthy delays in your food being delivered.

I understand you are reluctant to return to the hotel although I would very much hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in better circumstances to restore your faith in our hotel. Please contact me directly on reception.Glasgow@malmaison.com & I will personally handle your booking process should you choose to return.

Reviewed December 10, 2017

Stayed for 1 night. Room nicely decorated and clean, room was chilly and no idea how to turn up radiators. Nice comfy bed and good shower. No mirror for drying your hair only mirror on inside of wardrobe door. No safe. Opted for cooked breakfast, nothing special we had a rate which included breakfast but certain not worth £15. Strawberries in a bowl were mouldy whichputs you off eating anything. Residents bar very busy as xmas, drink served in old looking glass with no garnish, for a g &t disappointing as they do charge premium prices. Reception staff friendly and efficient. Bar staff not so good. Would opt for another hotel next time.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda M

Hi Linda M,

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I'm disappointed to hear your stay was only ok & that you would opt for another hotel next time. I will pick up directly with the Chef & Bar team over the issues experienced with the strawberries & the lack of a garnish with your G&T.

I was pleased however that your room was nicely decorated & clean, and that you found the reception staff friendly & efficient.

I do hope we have the opportunity to make up for the shortcomings experienced during your stay in the future.

Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

We booked a private dinning room for around 30 of us - both food and service was absolutely fabulous! This is the second year we've been and we'll be back again in 2018! Charlotte who managed our booking couldn't have been more helpful - we kept changing our numbers right up to the day before, but nothing was ever too much trouble.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anna C
GlasgowMal, General Manager at Malmaison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2017

Hi Anna C,

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your Christmas Party with us & that the food and service were fabulous. Even better so that you are already planning a return in 2018!

It is always particularly pleasing when our staff receive a special mention, I will be sure to pass on to Charlotte that she has done a great job & that you had a fantastic night.

We look forward to welcoming you back hopefully before next Christmas!

Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is really nice . The room we stayed in was a decent size , very comfortable and clean. The staff were welcoming, friendly and efficient. Breakfast was nice we had prepaid for a continental and there was plenty to eat. We only stayed one night but couldn't fault the Hotel. One drawback, for some, may be the car parking is a good 5-8 minute walk away and at the bottom of an extremely steep hill. Not a problem for us, but older people or someone who isn't as mobile, it could be . A very small nitpick for a great stay. We'll definitely be booking here again.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
GlasgowMal, General Manager at Malmaison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I am delighted to hear you felt the hotel was really nice & that your room was very comfortable & clean.

It is always particularly pleasing when our staff receive a special mention, I will be sure to pass on to them that their service was welcoming, friendly & efficient.

Unfortunately due to the geography of the building we do not have a car park on site which is why we offer the discounted rate at the Q Park on Waterloo St. We do recommend dropping bags off at the hotel first due to the hill on the way back up to us. Alternatively, on street parking is complimentary between 6pm-8am Mon-Sat & all day on Sunday's.

We look forward to having you visit again soon.

Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is good and in a central location so good for getting to most places. The breakfast is delicious, though give. This popular with businesses it would b good to start at 6.30am rather than 7am.

I've been a couple of times and the rooms are a standard size but have very cool decorations and nice bathrooms. Ive had dinner here once. The food was good but expensive and it was very quiet so no atmosphere, it may be different at weekends. The food on room service was nice and takes about half an hour.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business

Hi Sam W,

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I am glad to hear you thought the hotel was good & that the location was also good for your needs & ease of travelling around.

We do provide continental breakfast room service as early as you desire, but the restaurant is open from 7am onwards. If the buffet is prepared we can make an exception & open the doors a little earlier.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.