1,663 results
All reviewshonours restaurantbig yingreek orthodox churchduplex suitechateaubriandmini barq parkcity centrelovely hotelstandard roomreception staffclub roomrestaurant staffcooked breakfastlovely roomstreet noisean overnight stay
Reviewed January 1, 2009

We found a great deal on the Malmaison website for between Xmas and New Year which included a dinner in the brasserie. We found the hotel welcoming and got a lovely big room, nicely decorated with a great bathroom with fantastic toiletries. Our dinner was excellent and included some very strong cocktails! The hotel is a few blocks back from Sauchiehall Street, perhaps a bit further away from the heart of the city than I'd have liked. There was a bit of confusion with the bill on departure - we were being charged for some of the items on the dinner which were meant to be included - but the receptionist pleasantly sorted things out.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2008

I stayed at the Hotel Malmaison for a business trip. Some aspects of the hotel are very nice and very innovative. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, and the food quality is very good. Breakfast is wonderful - you can have it delivered to your room in a box! But the service at the front desk is just not fully polished -- Wake up calls are hit and miss. Other aspects are similarly not quite done. A bit of tweaking and this can be a nice hotel!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 11, 2008

Was greeted by an attentive receptionist but when i got to the room I was disappointed rather than pleased. The first floor corner room seemed to be on a busy road and was really small, rm 151. There wasn't a lot of room around the bed. I went back to reception to see if I could change rooms and luckily I could the room 457 was much better, by the service lift so there was a hum but not at all unpleasant it was much larger. The toiletries were nice, i liked the attention to detail encouraging you to take them. The bed was comfy and firm.

We ate dinner in the restaurant and the food was lovely. The set menu was very good value and I'd highly recommend eating there.

Breakfast we came down at unforunate 10.20am rush so had to wait a while to get a table. It was a bit chaotic and slow when we got a table. I saw someone else being served eggs in shot glasses! It was lovely though and worth the wait.

I get the feeling that this isn't the best Malmaison and I wouldn't say it was 5 star but it wouldn't put me off trying another one out.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank tavia14999
Reviewed September 8, 2008

I've just spent a couple of days at the Malmaison as part of a wedding party. And can honestly say that it's a great hotel and an absolute gem in the heart of Glasgow. From the moment of arrival, the staff were welcoming, professional and absolutely nothing seemed to be too much trouble; in fact I would go so far as to say that the service was exemplary.

The decor is contemporary and very much what you would expect from a boutique hotel. My room was exceptionally clean and every detail seems to have been considered from the enormous beds to the entertaining and quirky phrases on everything from the toiletries through to the do-not-disturb signs.

The restaurant and bar surpassed expectation with wonderfully understated service, a delicious menu and good wine list.

All in all I would recommend this hotel unequivocally.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2008

The Malmaison in Glasgow is a lovely hotel, stunning to look at inside and out. I was bowled over by the sumptuous interior of the reception, such helpful and smiley staff. Nothing too much trouble. And the room was wow! They think of everything, lovely free toiletries you can take home with you too. We stayed in a large double which was in the older part of this converted greek orthodox church, really high ceilings and room for a lovely little seating area. Just pure relaxation, only 5 mins walk into the heart of Glasgow city centre.
Breakfast was divine - Eggs Benedict, tiny little melon balls, fancy yoghurts.....mmmmm.
I didnt want to leave :-)

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)