1,665 results
All reviewshonours restaurantbig yingreek orthodox churchduplex suitechateaubriandmini barq parkcity centrelovely hotelstandard roomreception staffclub roomrestaurant staffcooked breakfastlovely roomstreet noisean overnight stay
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed there two nights a week over a period of eight week whilst filming on location. The thing that impressed me most was that they made a note of the fact that I prefer a quiet room at the end of the corridor and then kept it for me each week that I returned without asking. The reception staff always remembered my name and had a warm welcome whenever I arrived.
The rooms was always clean and had everything you could need when away from home.
The bar area was inviting and the food decent if not spectacular.
The best thing about this hotel was that many of the staff seemed to care about customers.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed here one night on business and it was excellent. My room was beautifully decorated with classy drapes and bed throw. The bed was large and comfortable. Maybe room 255 is a different style from those who have complained. Loved the bathroom smellies. Staff were friendly and efficient. I only wish I had been able to sample the eggs benedict for breakfast but wasnt hungry enough. It is walking distance to a good choice of restaurants. Hoping to return for leisure break with my husband.
saw a sign for gymtonic but could not find out if there is a gym.It wasn't metioned on the website.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank gottobegood
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed here twice now whilst being away on Business. Both trips were pleasant. Rooms are clean and vibrant however a little on the small size. Shower however is lovely, be nice if there was more room to get to the mirror in the bathroom.
Restaurant downstairs is lovely, good food, quick service. Best pudding by far is the Peanut and Chocolate pudding.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ashley K
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Our expectation of this hotel was that we would enjoy dinner and a good night's rest at one of Glasgow's central hotels. The dinner was fine, with good food and good service, apart from an error on the bill which was corrected before we paid. However, the real problem was the incredibly uncomfortable double bed! Basically the mattress was lumpy and every time I sat, or moved, on it the springs actually made a cartoon-like noise; the springs were visible through the fabric and I half expected one to break through with a 'boing' sound! I may have got the only 'bad mattress' but it gave a very poor impression of the hotel and I hope their future investment will include upgrading the beds. The other factor which ruined sleep (and was not the fault of the hotel) was the 'boy-racers' who drove round (and around and around) the city streets in souped-up cars with suitably noisy engines...this went on from around 10.30pm to the early hours. I have stayed in that part of Glasgow before and it is clearly a major problem. I know the Malmaison has complained to the police about it before, and presumably other hotels and businesses in the area have also complained, but it gives such a bad impression of Scotland. Apart from the obvious safety issue of speeding cars in city streets there is also the tourism angle. I wonder if 'Visit Scotland' (the tourist authority) are aware that all their efforts in attracting tourists to Glasgow could come to nothing if visitors to the city are continually harassed by these speeding law-breakers.

Room Tip: Ask about the age and quality of the mattress before check-in.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Had an overnight stay for my husbands birthday- overall a very enjoyable experience. Staff very pleasant and welcoming. Room small for a superior room- showing some signs of wear and tear in the bathroom but clean. Bed extremely comfy- some noise during the night from pitt street. Breakfast small selection at buffet and extra charge for cooked breakfast. Overall a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple