1,666 results
All reviewshonours restaurantbig yingreek orthodox churchduplex suitechateaubriandmini barq parkcity centrelovely hotelstandard roomreception staffsaturday nightclub roomcooked breakfastrestaurant stafflovely roomstreet noise
Reviewed May 29, 2008

I booked a room overnight at Mal Glasgow for myself to attend a friends party. The online booking was easy and I included a comment about early check in as I was due to arrive at about 10am. The taxi driver had some difficulty finding the hotel despite its fairly central location but check in was very quick and the staff very polite, friendly and helpful.
They gave me a room straight away. The room was very comfortable and fashionably decorated. The view wasn't much (mainly the building next door) but as I wasn't particularly fussed about a view it was very nice. The freebie arran aromatics toiletries were really nice, it was just a shame I couldn't bring them home (as they tell you to do) due to the restrictions on hand laggage.
Room service was excellent, the staff were all very helpful and polite, I needed a pair of scissors and they brought them to the room straight away.
In the evening I met friends in the brasserie which does fantastic cocktails, I highly recommend the Garden of Eden, but we didn't eat there. The menu looks good and it certainly seemed busy.
Breakfast was really good the next morning and check out very smooth and efficient. A taxi came within a few minutes to pick me up.
All round a fantastic hotel, sumptuously decorated but made perfect by the staff.
I would highly recommend, especially for couples lokking for a romantic getaway or singles looking to treat themselves.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank emmam25
Reviewed April 29, 2008

Stayed at the Mal on the Wine and Dine for 99 package, must be the best value package ever. Our room was spotless, the staff were courteous.
The hotel is just far enough from Buchanan St, to avoid all the hustle and bustle of city life.
A perfect getaway for my wife and I to spend some real quality time together.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lucaincumbria
Reviewed April 4, 2008

My husband booked the Mal for one night as we needed a well earned break from our everyday lives. We arrived Friday pm and he had booked a dinner bed and breakfast deal.

On booking they had advised we would eat at nine however when asking on check in they were more than willing to see if they could fit us in earlier. We changed and headed down to the bar where we were pleasantly surprised by the extensive wine menu. After mulling over options as to what to drink and some tasters and advice from a very friendly and knowledgeable barman we decided on our wine. After enjoying a leiurely drink we were then quickly advised we could be seated and served early for our meal. (only by 25 mins but made all the difference after a long day at work)

Apart from being seated next to the most obnoxious and rude couple I have ever clapped eyes on (who complained about the fact the waitress did noy say bon appetite!!!!) the meal and service was great. We were explained what was included in our package price and decided not to stick to this which was also not a problem for the staff. Overall nothing seemed to be a problem, the meal was served well and we were not rushed out of our table for any reason. Lovely night.

The rooms are also lovely - but a little on the small side. In general they are more than adequate for an overnight stay.

In the morning we were pleasantly treated to a continental breakfast served in bed which I thought was great. They came served in a large hamper and provided us with a more than adequate selection of fruit, cereal, croissants, yoghurt juice and condiments and hit the spot before we headed back to our lives of mayhem.

Great overnight break for young couple who enjoy good wine, good food and pleasant surroundings.

Have heard that Mal Newcastle and Manchester are much better than Glasgow so will be booking up there next month for another night away.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank catgeeEdinburg
Reviewed March 23, 2008

Being students, me and my boyfriend needed a nice relaxing break after exams but Paris was a little out our price range. We found their deal of dinner, b&b for £99 and jumped at the chance. Even in busy glasgow we managed to lock ourselves away in this plush hotel pretending we were far far away. The rooms a decent size with lovely furnishing and a wonderfully comfy bed. Didn't find the restaurant dark like other people have said, actually found it quit gothic in a good way. Not much choice on the homegrown and local menu but what you get is amazing. Never had any wine so couldn't comment on that but I'm sure it matched the quality of the food. Great selection for breakfast if you have enough room to eat all of it! We didn't have the problem of the room's being too hot but I think there was a slight problem with out radiator. We would go back in a flash and driving past it on the bus on the way to work is just torture.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank meltyourheart
Reviewed March 11, 2008

Not so great, noisy pipes behind the wall and a terrible mattress ruined what is otherwise a nice hotel. We ordered room service which took 1 1/2 hours to arrive (It was comp'd). However the breakfast was very nice and the front desk staff where good. If you go, take some ear plugs. 6/10

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple