1,665 results
All reviewshonours restaurantbig yingreek orthodox churchduplex suitechateaubriandmini barq parkcity centrelovely hotelstandard roomreception staffclub roomrestaurant staffcooked breakfastlovely roomstreet noisean overnight stay
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel is a converted synagog and it is lovely. The rooms were very nice and looked immaculate. I love the toiletries in the bathroom which are in generous quantities. The cleanliness of the room was excellent and the bedding was spotless. This has been my only experience of this chain of hotels and if this is the standard I will look forward to further stays.

We had an evening meal here and breakfast and it was really really nice. The staff were very knowledgable about the city and extremely polite.

If you are staying in Glasgow this is well worth considering.

Room Tip: This is located away from the hustle and bustle but only a few minutes walk into the centre.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have to say how disappointed with our first stay in a Malmaison hotel. We were given a room overlooking the front of the hotel and the noise was unbelievably bad, so much so we hardly slept! Road outside the hotel is on a one way system and it is used as a race track by boy racers who spend all night going up and round revving their engines and tooting their horns!! We reported it to the reception desk and found out this is not a new problem!!! Hotel is fully aware of this so we asked ourselves - why why why did the hotel give us this bedroom and then say NOTHING at check-in to pre warn us that we may be subjected to terrible noise!!! Why has no effort been made to try and sound proof these windows in their front facing bedrooms!! This is not a one off, the noise apparently happens all the time according to their hotel receptionist!! Very angry that our night away was ruined with no sleep!!! We appreciate the hotel did not cause the noise and it was outwith their control - but what hotel DOES have control over is advising guests that they may experience noise outside the bedroom they are allocated! Then guests can make an informed choice as to whether they want to stay in that given bedroom or not! We were told upon leaving that next time we should ask for a 'quiet internal bedroom' Seriously?! We have to actually ask for this - do most guests not expect or want a quiet bedroom when they are staying?! Save yourself the misery!!! Read the review from February 2013 about the terrible noise!!! Wish we had read this review before booking! :0(

Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank Bell33
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a really nice hotel to stay in. The bedroom was lovely, very clean with a very large bed. We stayed on a dinner bed and beakfast package. The breakfast was very good. The choice on the set menu for quite poor. We ate from the alacarte menu, which was qujte expensive. Also our main meals were just warm when they were served. The accommodation is first class ut for me the food lets it down.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This place could be utterly brilliant. As another reviewer has said, it's stylish, quirky, and well located. I found that my experience was not as "Wow!" as their own website had led me to expect. We've got some good staff here, my room was OK - except for silly niggles such as windows that wouldn't shut, a bath plug where the chain came loose, a moody remote. All of these are fixable, but when I'm in this assumed quality of hotel, these things shouldn't have to be reported by me, the guest. I spend enough time sorting out other people's problems in my day time jobs! All in all, it was only an "OK" experience for a not-OK price. I'm a great believer in "under promise, over-deliver" but this was "over-promise, under-deliver...just."

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lex_McKee
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The Glasgow Malmaison is in my opinion one of the better malmaisons. The hotel is in a beautiful building which is fairly close to the city centre. The rooms, and food were very good. The bar was a great place to socialise at night and they kept it open until we went to bed. The service was great. Overall we had a great stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends