1,664 results
All reviewshonours restaurantbig yingreek orthodox churchduplex suitechateaubriandmini barq parkcity centrelovely hotelstandard roomreception staffclub roomrestaurant staffcooked breakfastlovely roomstreet noisean overnight stay
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We needed a dog friendly hotel for a night in Glasgow this week. After a bit of research found the Malmaison has a very dog friendly policy. For £10, your fur baby arrives to find his/her own little doggy bed and bowls for use for water and feeding (though our dog always brings his own). The staff were very attentive and the room was very nice for the price (Superior Double, £99 booked online). We had dinner in the hotel's restaurant where the service provided by the maitre 'd was beyond excellent and the food and was delicious - incredible wine list too! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CariSwanson
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Hi ive only just joined trip adviser yet i use it always for advice!!!
So thought i would share my experiences of the places ive been and hopefully help fellow PICKY travellers out!

I'm a self confessed picky customer, i stayed here a couple of years ago now (trip advisor wouldn't let me add the date), and will give you an honest review....

We stayed as a romantic break and got a small room which was clean and fine, but very hot!

Its off the beaten track a little bit for someone who lived in Glasgow!

But overall an ok stay, the Malmaison in Leeds was far superior.....plus in Glasgow you have One Devonshire gardens to stay in, in the West end!

Rebecca and Derek

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WeLoveWarmHolidays
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I wasn't affected by noise at all during my stay as previously stated below , I had a really nice night , stayed in the room called , "the big yiin" it was smashing ...! I will admit though Aberdeen's malmaison is a lot better ...

Room Tip: The big yiin is a great room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I were there for my birthday, On arrival we got chocolate dipped strawberries and a bottle of wine. We went for dinner downstairs, although the food was lovely, food and wine a bit over priced. Never made breakfast in the morning, however after a call to reception, it was delivered to our room. Great Service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and i stayed here for one night at the beginning of January, we drove round for ages without actually seeing the hotel! Think it was a one way system, the outside was not as grand as i thought it would be, hence not spotting it quicker! The hotel itself ,once in the door was quite aesthetically pleasing, there is a spiral staircase which leads down to the bar and restaurant area, which is quaint. The room was tastefully decorated and we had wine and chocolate dipped strawberries in our room on arrival (of which both were lovely). The bed was comfortable and was adorned with more cushions and blankets than one could ever need!
The highlight of the room for me however was the shower, which was very powerful and i luxuriated in it until, my husband checked to see if i had gone down the plug hole! Next, was time for cocktails in the bar, i had a strawberry cheescake one, which was simply delicious but had only one due to the extortionate prices! Dinner was a mixed bag starters were lovely, main courses were too small and unexciting. Desserts were slightly disappointing, have had better tasting elsewhere. Breakfast was in the same place as dinner and there was a great choice of cooked and continental foods. My husband and i both had eggs benedict which was gorgeous. Good end to the stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple