1,664 results
All reviewshonours restaurantbig yingreek orthodox churchduplex suitechateaubriandmini barq parkcity centrelovely hotelstandard roomreception staffclub roomrestaurant staffcooked breakfastlovely roomstreet noisean overnight stay
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I wasn't affected by noise at all during my stay as previously stated below , I had a really nice night , stayed in the room called , "the big yiin" it was smashing ...! I will admit though Aberdeen's malmaison is a lot better ...

Room Tip: The big yiin is a great room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I were there for my birthday, On arrival we got chocolate dipped strawberries and a bottle of wine. We went for dinner downstairs, although the food was lovely, food and wine a bit over priced. Never made breakfast in the morning, however after a call to reception, it was delivered to our room. Great Service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and i stayed here for one night at the beginning of January, we drove round for ages without actually seeing the hotel! Think it was a one way system, the outside was not as grand as i thought it would be, hence not spotting it quicker! The hotel itself ,once in the door was quite aesthetically pleasing, there is a spiral staircase which leads down to the bar and restaurant area, which is quaint. The room was tastefully decorated and we had wine and chocolate dipped strawberries in our room on arrival (of which both were lovely). The bed was comfortable and was adorned with more cushions and blankets than one could ever need!
The highlight of the room for me however was the shower, which was very powerful and i luxuriated in it until, my husband checked to see if i had gone down the plug hole! Next, was time for cocktails in the bar, i had a strawberry cheescake one, which was simply delicious but had only one due to the extortionate prices! Dinner was a mixed bag starters were lovely, main courses were too small and unexciting. Desserts were slightly disappointing, have had better tasting elsewhere. Breakfast was in the same place as dinner and there was a great choice of cooked and continental foods. My husband and i both had eggs benedict which was gorgeous. Good end to the stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

stayed here a few times and always lived through it but have never been overwhelmed with joy. The rooms are a bit stuffy and breakfast in the basement bar is also a bit stifling. The rooms are undoubtably nice and it's a nice touch to have a stereo with a Malmaison Cd to listen to. The location is also ideal for discovering the city and nights out.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Sadly, I have no alternative than to say how utterly, utterly disappointed we were. My husband & I were so looking forward to a luxury break in what is a fab city! Highly recommend visiting Glasgow but DO NOT STAY in this location. The hotel in itself is lovely, the staff are lovely, but the fact you are on "a one way system" means it is used by young "prats" who use it as a race track & it is awful! They spend all night, most night going around & around, revving engines, tooting their horns, basically using it as a drag strip, just awful. We reported it to the reception, they reported it to the Police but it continued all night.......just exhausting :(( If you can sleep like the dead, fine, if you want a luxury city break & a good night sleep - look elsewhere!!!

• Stayed: March 2012