1,663 results
All reviewshonours restaurantbig yingreek orthodox churchduplex suitechateaubriandmini barq parkcity centrelovely hotelstandard roomreception staffclub roomrestaurant staffcooked breakfastlovely roomstreet noisean overnight stay
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Lovely boutique hotel though a maybe getting a bit tired in reception and bar areas. Bedroom nicely decorated, comfy bed and great bathroom, though I do prefer a shower not a bath. I enjoyed my visit as did my friends but some aspects of the hotel were disappointing. The reception staff were pleasant but the bar staff were very curt to the point of rudeness. Maybe some training needed on how to smile and be pleasant to customers. Bar area closes early and when we returned we were forced to sit in the cloakroom area for a drink as we were not allowed in to the bar as they were cleaning up ans the cocktail area was full. Also, they totally closed up before asking if any more drinks were required. Breakfast was good, for most, but again the staff could have tried to be a bit more pleasant. Also, my scrambled eggs which I had asked for came as a full breakfast which I had not asked for as I am vegetarian. I am pretty well convinced the ones I did receive were the originals with the meat etc removed. If so, that is really poor. In saying all that hotel is worth a look.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Favouriteword
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Recently stayed here for a night to celebrate our anniversary. We had a very pleasant stay. Reception were welcoming. Our room was a fair size ( we did upgrade though!) the room was clean and comfortable. Could have done with better pillows and duvet though - very flimsy!! We had everything we needed. It is a bit noisy on a noisy outside on a sat night but it could have been worse and we were not really bothered much after about 1am. The hotel itself was pleasant - a wee bit tired in places - but it was comfortable and relaxing. Service was good. The restaurant had a very mixed clientele we thought - ranging from families to work nights out to - couples. The meal we had in the restaurant was good - no complaints there - but the food didn't wow us! Have to say the Xmas pudding was the worst I have ever had - more like a sponge pudding. Chestnut soup, turkey and beef all good. Breakfast was good, big portions but tasty and a good choice. We would return - however there was a certain feeling of something being missing from this hotel - we just couldn't put our finger on what it was - something lacked a bit! Just needed an extra something - even if it was just nice flowers about the place/ better background music? But altogether a pleasant, relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Upgrade for a slightly bigger room as they are neat.
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Another overnight stay after doing xmas shopping , very good xmas set menu , with just as good breakfast , service great . although wife had a hot chocolate in the afternoon which had to be returned as did not taste very nice and was removed from the bill .

Reviewed December 4, 2012

room a bit tired and on the ground floor above bar with a window that looked out onto the roof of the bar area below .The staff were friendly and breakfast cooked to order is always nice in a malmaison .The hotel was just ok but there are other hotels that i would stay at in glasgow before choosing this one

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Out for lunch in Glasgow and experienced curt reception staff followed by long wait for lunch with no apology, really no excuse. Too much local competition for this to be acceptable would not recommend despite food being good when it did eventually arrive.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends