“great place to stay”

Ranked #15 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Eyemouth, United Kingdom
“great place to stay”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

just the best, superb and good value as well, lovely rooms, bathrooms and shower was out of this world, valet parking, great service all round, sadly just a one night stopover this time,I will be back as soon as I can make it

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

An old world hotel that you always hope you will find. I had a wonderful room-Chateau Baudoc. It was downstairs and had direct access to a garden and their outdoor undercover sitting area. The staff remembered me from the moment I checked. I never had to ask for my key they just handed it to me whenever I walked into the lobby. Very nicely appointed bedroom with an extremely comfortable bed, sitting area and bathroom. About a 10 minute £8 pound cab ride to city center. I can't wait to go back for a long leisurely weekend with my wife

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TKM15
Jock in Brum
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Having stayed here on a number of occasions I was deeply disappointed to find out at check in that the room I had booked by name (and confirmed a week earlier) had been given to someone else.

Each room is unique with it's own "personality" and I had been waiting for a year to get this particular room (I visit Glasgow regularly). We had been driving for hours to get there, I was exhausted and didn't know whether to start yelling or burst into tears. The kindly desk staff were very apologetic but that didn't help my mood.

Then David the concierge stepped in, sat us down in the lounge, ordered us some complimentary drinks and listened while I got it off my chest. While this was going on he had all our many bags brought in and sorted out the car hire company to come fetch their vehicle rather than me have to deliver it back to the city centre. This man exemplifies the ultimate in professionalism and empathy, he is worth his weight in gold and deserves a pay rise.

By way of an apology, we were upgraded to one of their fabulous Town House Suites, Hush Heath, and thanks to David calm was restored.

That evening we had a quiet drink in the bar (where the Spanish barman recalled what my last drink there had been???) and checked out the bistro menu. We decided to have room service and the restuarant manager offered to make us a meal to order, if they had it the chef would prepare it. Wow!

An hour later we were snuggling up in front of the tv in the lounge of our suite to enjoy the best room service meal we have every had.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jart_7
Launceston, Australia
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Staff and facilities at this hotel first rate. We had 2 nights here and while next time we'd prefer somewhere closer to the city, this was a marvellous experience. Restaurants (both formal and then bistro) excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ranipuss
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

As a woman traveling alone, I felt safe and welcomed. What I loved about the hotel...David, the concierge, he was lovely and very knowledgeable.
The location, near the fun and funky West End (about 15 minute walk) near the beautiful botanical gardens. I think much better than staying in tired downtown. Bed was very comfy and tons of closet space.
What I didn't like ....climbing 3 flights of stairs to get to my room. The Internet access was on the blink the whole time there...they need a new system update for sure. Call to make sure it works before you go.
The worst was the lighting in both the room and bathroom....if there were 40 watt bulbs that was a lot... Very hard to see, would have been easier putting make up on in the hall! (Smile) they could also use safes in each room.
That being said, I really liked the hotel and would return for all of the good reasons listed above.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Missartsycraftsy
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

This is not for the traveller looking for minimalist chic!

Rooms are large - other reviewers have suggested - dark, and well appointed. The stamp of Ralph Lauren everpresent!

Breakfast, bar, and bistro food all befitting the price tag.

Granted it is not in the middle of the city, it is however in striking (walking!) distance of the best that the Westend has to offer.

Here for a week and would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
Edinburgh
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding at the hotel. Sensational room with two huge bay windows, bath in the bedroom, beautiful bathroom and a comfy bed. Staff were wonderfully attentive and helpful. Possibly the best bacon I've tasted for breakfast too...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple