“Great deal but at a price”

Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens
Ranked #15 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Great deal but at a price”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was a 2nd visit and was as good as the 1st. Rooms are good and bathrooms great. We paid for superior room on a HdV deal and I think got upgraded
Dinner in the evening was super but only if you prefer quality over quantity.
Breakfast again was of excellent quality but not for you if you want a plate piled high!!
2 course dinner was included in the price we paid but we spent a further £100 on drinks, desert and coffee.
This is a place to go on a "deal" for the quality on offer but only if you can afford it, Drinks and other add ons are not cheap

2 Thank Deepsleeves

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Glasgow
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We first stayed here on the night after our wedding and it was so nice that we decided to return for our anniversary. The rooms are luxury boutique style and really quite large. Bathrooms are gorgeous too with vintage style high marble baths. We also decided to eat in the restaurant which was first class. The westend restaurants are also not too far away, but I would advise taking a taxi to get there! This is definately my favourite hotel in Glasgow by far.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pamela S
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel. As usual we had a very friendly welcome from all staff. Our room was gorgeous with a beautifully comfortable four poster. We slept very well. We enjoyed perfect poached eggs and duck eggs with bacon for breakfast. Fresh coffee was always available as was extra toast. A great start to our day. The hotel is only a short taxi ride away from the city centre, but a sanctuary from the busy shops. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank GMS24
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

from the moment we arrived the hotel we were welcome. A complementary dram of malt by the open fire, in a very traditional atmosphere. We stayed for 3 nights. The hotel is based across in the west end of glasgow about 10/15 minutes walk from Ashton Lane and the Ubiquitous Chip (just go there and enjoy the malt list!). There were bars to watch football and rugby, a great Cathedral, Mackintosh and his wife, The Glasgow School of Arts, a really friendly place and all topped off with a great place to stay. I loved watching match of the day from the roll top bath!!!!

1 Thank MikesBike
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We went to this hotel for a wedding. The interior has a very traditional Scottish feel and the staff make you feel very welcome. Nice location for a low key, intimate wedding. The real highlight was the meal which was outstanding! All other roast potatoes will pale in comparison! Absolutely delicious!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LMNorthall
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed at One Devonshire on 12th January by myself as part of a Christmas pressie of getting away from the kids!. I don't have any issues about staying by myself or eating in restaurants but even if I was a bit cautious the staff at One Devonshire made me feel so welcome. I had a vision that the staff would be pretentious and aloof- how wrong was I?! Very!! They were friendly yet courteous and you could tell they took a pride in the hotel. My room (Villa Maria) was lovely and comfortable.

My meal in the restaurant was outstanding and the assistant sommelier Amanda was so helpful and informative about my choices of wine without being even remotely condescending (which is so often the case). I had Scallops (delicate and beautiful), Venison (cooked to perfection and glorious) and the Gingerbread and Butter Beer ice cream (I was dubious about this but turned out to be really special).

Only tiny grips I had was that my gin and tonic was a lot of tonic and ice and the gin was lost. Also not a fan of the discretionary tip being added to the bill as I think it is a bit presumptuous. Apart from those tiny things it was a magnificent stay and I will gladly return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank TheBoldBoysMum
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I spent a night here in a huge and fantastic room with every facility one could ever seek . The four-poster bed was mammoth ( almost needed an intercom to speak to my wife ! ) and very comfortable ( bedside lighting could have been a bit brighter). The decor was rich and impressive as was the whole stay . Food was of a high quality and beautifully presented although breakfast " helpings " were not too generous . The staff were all fantastic and couldn't do enough to to help and make the stay enjoyable . Altogether the stay was like living in a different world !

3 Thank samacab