“Meat eater's paradise.”

Ranked #571 of 2,510 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Scottish farmers are known the world over for their dedication to The Cause and their consistently high-standards. That’s why you’ll find that almost everything on our menu was either reared here, harvested here or was landed right here on the shores of Scotland.Our approach to cooking is typically no-nonsense too; we source the finest ingredients like 28-day hung Scotch beef and seafoods from local waters, add a little flair and influence from the Auld Alliance and simply let the food do the talking. We think you’ll love the Bo’Vine difference!
Reviewed November 7, 2012

It was only on our second visit that I realised we were in a hotel restaurant. Nice atmosphere. Great steak and lamb, perfectly cooked. Not too expensive. As a self proclaimed carnivore, one of my favourite steak restaurants in the UK.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The restaurant is in the Hilton Grosvenor hotel on the end of Byers Road. There is a fabulous selection of starters and main courses, and obviously if you like steak it's a must visit restaurant.

We had haggis and scallops as starters, both of which were excellent, and sirloin steaks for our main course. The steak was cooked perfectly, and there are some great side dishes to allow you to complement your main choice.

Can't talk about the deserts, as after two courses we were full, and so went for a coffee to finish off the meal.

Great restaurant in the West End, there are a number of others of the same quality in the area as well, so if you stay locally you'll have planty of choise for 3 or 4 nights at least

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

The food, service and atmosphere were first class. This was my first visit and I will definitely be back.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Went here for my B'day and it was average and not as good as previous accasions. My husband ordered a steak and he was pleased as it is one of the few places that have mastered the blue steak. My brother ordered the mixed grill - he was underwhelmed - he had to choose to have all his meats cooked one way (either medium for his steak and lamb - could not have one rare and the other medium). He said the sausage was very bog standard - he expected more and it was lacking. I had the scampi and chips - again I was disapointed as their take on the chips was posh potato croquettes! My mum had the stroganoff and it was just okay. Hence for this visit, it was distinctly average. The wine that we chose, a Malbec, made up for the lack lustre food. Only 1 out of 4 people can say that they truly enjoyed the food. Expected more, especially as pricier than other similar establishments. Also, we felt extremely rushed by the waiting staff at the end. We couldn't finish quick enough for the bill to be served.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Visited Bo'Vine twice in July. Once with my mum and then again with a party of 10 for my brothers 21st Birthday. After being so impressed with both the quality and value for money of the Market Menu on our visit first we requested it for my brothers birthday dinner and the staff were happy to accommodate us. At £14.50 for 2 courses and £17.95 for 3 it may seem pricey for what essentially is a Pre Theatre menu. However it is the option of having the sirloin steak without paying a supplement that really wins it for me. Bo'vine pride themselves on local sourcing. All seafood is caught in local waters and all beef is sourced in Scotland and hung for at least 28 days. Highlights from the Market menu include the starter of Stornoway black pudding with a poached hens egg, pancetta and red wine jus. The sirloin steak with garlic butter and triple cooked chunky chips. And finally the toffee apple cheesecake.
Service is very professional yet friendly and the restaurant is cosy and has a classic "brasserie" feel to it. Only let down I feel is the cheesy music that tends to be on the stereo.