4,478 results
All reviewschampagne bartempus restauranttrain stationchampagne centralgordon streettaxi rankhope streetjunior suitelovely hotelstreet noiselovely roomstandard rooman overnight stayhaggisstayed for one nightcentre of glasgowconcourse
Reviewed August 8, 2018

I was really looking forward to staying at the amazing iconic grand central Glasgow, beautiful staircases. Enjoyed a drink in the lovely champagne bar but felt very disappointed to find our delux room very dark with inadequate lighting to even see to apply makeup plus with the awful noise from the street level which kept us awake most of the night. As a vegetarian .. Breakfast was inadequate my vegetarian sausage was over cooked and dried out rendering it inedible. Sadly disappointing

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank glynnbag
Paul B, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Dear glynnbag,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to compile your feedback from your stay at the hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for the points highlighted and rest assured these have been communicated and being investigated by the relevant managers to ensure swift action. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again, to restore your faith and reassure you that your feedback has been taken very seriously.

Kind regards,

Paul

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at the hotel for my niece’s hen do! The location is brilliant and is right on the railway station! The rooms were lovely and the breakfast was great! The staff were very friendly and would highly recommend the hotel!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends

Dear Sozzle27,

Thank you for your wonderful five star review and kind feedback. The staff greatly appreciate your comments as do I. We are proud that we hosted you all for such an occasion and it is most pleasing to hear that you all enjoyed your time at the Grand Central Hotel. Hope to welcome you all back in the future.

Kind regards,

Paul

Reviewed August 7, 2018

This hotel has a lot of history in Glasgow many famous people have been here over the years. We had a meal in the hotel firstly going for drinks in champagne bar which is very nice, the food was tasty and staff very friendly and efficient.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank libby990
Paul B, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Dear Libby990

It's terrific to read how impressed you were with your whole experience here at the Grand Central Hotel, I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to our team, who I know will be proud to see your valued feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

stayed two nights at the grand in june with 50 fellow canadian travelers . loved it , great atmosphere , very old world , breakfast great , staff were lovely , the only thing i found odd , was while having a drink in the bar which looks out on to the old train station the backround music was totaly out of place . loud , very modern , even the lighting was out of place , i think there was a prom happening at the time , i just found it clashed with everything else the hotel was saying . i did really in joy this hotel though and hope to be back soon

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business

Dear Cadcom

Thank you for such a fantastic review of your recent stay at the Grand Central Hotel, and I'm extremely thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your experience and particularly the helpful attitude of the team here.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel on a future trip to Glasgow.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at this hotel recently. Our first impressions were very good. The building is impressive. Our room was great. The Champagne Bar excellent, as was the breakfast. The most important asset has to be the staff. Everyone we met were friendly, knowledgable and nothing was too much trouble. Thank you guys you’re great.
This is of course a very old building, but when you book a hotel you expect a good nights sleep. We didn’t get that and because of that I’m sorry to say would not use this hotel again. I’m sure it’s easy fixable. Installing better noise proof windows may be a start. Having the overhanging glass porch cleaned later in the day rather than at 4 in the morning. Not putting people on that side of the building until improvements have been made to windows. It’s such a shame because we were really looking forward to staying with you.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends

Dear Slink

Please accept my sincere apologies for the points highlighted. I have passed your comments onto our Night Manager regarding the cleaning of the glass porch and the timing and this will be investigate.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to compliment our staff to which this will be passed onto our team.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future, so that we have the opportunity of making it right for you.