4,482 results
All reviewschampagne bartempus restauranttrain stationchampagne centralgordon streettaxi rankhope streetjunior suitelovely hotelstreet noiselovely roomstandard rooman overnight stayhaggisstayed for one nightsaturday nightcentre of glasgow
Reviewed August 6, 2018

stayed two nights at the grand in june with 50 fellow canadian travelers . loved it , great atmosphere , very old world , breakfast great , staff were lovely , the only thing i found odd , was while having a drink in the bar which looks out on to the old train station the backround music was totaly out of place . loud , very modern , even the lighting was out of place , i think there was a prom happening at the time , i just found it clashed with everything else the hotel was saying . i did really in joy this hotel though and hope to be back soon

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Paul B, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Dear Cadcom

Thank you for such a fantastic review of your recent stay at the Grand Central Hotel, and I'm extremely thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your experience and particularly the helpful attitude of the team here.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel on a future trip to Glasgow.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at this hotel recently. Our first impressions were very good. The building is impressive. Our room was great. The Champagne Bar excellent, as was the breakfast. The most important asset has to be the staff. Everyone we met were friendly, knowledgable and nothing was too much trouble. Thank you guys you’re great.
This is of course a very old building, but when you book a hotel you expect a good nights sleep. We didn’t get that and because of that I’m sorry to say would not use this hotel again. I’m sure it’s easy fixable. Installing better noise proof windows may be a start. Having the overhanging glass porch cleaned later in the day rather than at 4 in the morning. Not putting people on that side of the building until improvements have been made to windows. It’s such a shame because we were really looking forward to staying with you.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends

Dear Slink

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to compile your feedback from your stay at the hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the points highlighted. I have passed your comments onto our Night Manager regarding the cleaning of the glass porch and the timing and this will be investigate.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to compliment our staff to which this will be passed onto our team.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future, so that we have the opportunity of making it right for you.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Booked for my partner and were given the John Logie Baird suite.

Room was great! Had a great sleep and the shower was lovely. Staff are always good and when the sink wouldn't drain they had someone come up and fix within 10 minutes.

Will return again.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Brian L

It's wonderful to read your brilliant review and that you'd actively choose the Grand Central Hotel to stay in.

I'll be sure to feed you complimentary comments back to our whole team.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

My favourite Glasgow hotel. Love the history and atmosphere of the place.Stay in a suite when I can. Loved the old Champagne Bar and was a bit disappointed when it was refurbished but have grown to quite like it.

Stayed: April 2018

Dear Sandraboyle1

Thank you for such a fantastic review of your recent stay at the Grand Central Hotel, and I'm extremely thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your experience.

So pleased to hear that the new Champagne Bar is growing on you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

This well-located hotel has been spruced up by Principal in places, such as the wonderful bar overlooking the station. But our room was shabby; the carpets were dirty, worn and crumpled. In fact the whole place needs a facelift - it could be "grand" but it isn't yet. That said, the ceiling are double height and the beds, although tricky (the move around!) comfortable. And the reasonable price reflects the shabbiness.

Stayed: July 2018

Dear Kim B

Please accept my sincere apologies with regards to the cleanliness of the carpet, they should never be dirty, worn, dirty no. I have passed your comments onto our Executive Housekeeper to investigate.

The good news is that Grande Dame will be going though a refurbishment early 2019 which will make a big difference to some of the points you have raised.

I hope we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.