Grand Central Hotel
Artto Hotel(Glasgow)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
4,275 results
All reviewschampagne bartempus restauranttrain stationchampagne centralgordon streettaxi rankhope streetjunior suitetravelling by trainlovely hotelstreet noiselovely roomstandard rooman overnight stayhaggisstayed for one nightcentre of glasgow
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Another fantastic stay at this charming hotel. You marvel at the height of the ceilings throughout and wonder about the days when all the old Hollywood stars also satyed at the hotel. It is so convenient for Glasgow city being within the central station & having its own entrance is excellent.
The reception & concierge staff are very helpful & professional & our room was huge and luxurious. This hotel never lets us down & we alwyas wish we had booked for longer. You can't stay here without sampling the delights of the Champagne Central. Always busy & you may need to wait for a table but it is well worth the wait. Looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Laurie N, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for staying with us again at The Grand Central.

Your comments will be shared with the team as a motivation to keep doing what they do best. The hospitality they have shown will be recognised and appreciated.

We appreciate your loyalty and for choosing to stay with us when travelling to Glasgow, and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed for a celebration weekend and could not fault this hotel. Room was spacious and well appointed a bit warm for me. Restaurant was brilliant best mussels ever and the cocktails are great too. Champagne bar was busy but well run. All in all a great choice the most important thing to say about this hotel are the staff could not have been more hospitable. We will be back!

Room Tip: A very central location
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurie N, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review and indeed for sharing it with the Trip Advisor community.
We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay at The Grand Central, Glasgow and I will share your comments with the team as a motivation to keep doing what they do best. The hospitality they have shown will be recognised and appreciated.
We hope to see you again soon.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend in February hotel lovely very stunning inside rooms spotless comfy beds had a room overlooking roof of station very quiet great night sleep breakfast first class had a brilliant weekend would defo go back again well done all the pleasant staff.

Room Tip: Would stay again a must for couples
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your visit to The Grand Central with the world.
I am delighted that you enjoyed the hospitality that we have to offer our guests.
We look forward to repeating the experience all over again on your next visit!

Best regards

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visiting Glasgow for a Wedding Reception and decided to stay over. Fairly pricey for a standard room (not sure why it was an 'Executive' room) Clean, fresh room and decor. (Although has a shower curtain which I always fnd has a distinctive smell) but otherwise comfortable. The train announcements in the morning were audible, but by no means loud. Breakfast was good, busy restaurant but buffet style so easily able to servie yourself. A good night but compared to alternatives it was quite pricey.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Grand Central with visitors to Trip Advisor and also for your feedback which will assist us in our efforts to perfect our product offering moving forward.

We all hope that you will come to visit again soon.

Kindest regards

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed at the Grand Central for a birthday overnight stay and specifically requested a quiet room due to previous reviews. We were placed in room 441 which was on the 4th floor(unsurprisingly!) and found the room and hotel very good on the cleanliness and decoration front,lovely original features and several eye catching elements which gave us a very good impression. The room was spacious but was surprised there was no mini bar or fridge and no "extras" such as water or chocolate found in many hotels nowadays!
We noticed that our two bay windows had secondary glazing which was obviously an attempt to alleviate noise and heat issues within the constraints of working within the listed building status of the hotel. The left hand window had both panels in working order and these could be opened or shut as required. Unfortunately the right hand side only had one panel which essentially rendered the glazing useless. We didn't let that influence our very positive perception of the hotel and agreed our room and surroundings were very nice although maybe not of the standard of a 4 star hotel.
We spent the evening in Glasgow City Centre and returned to the hotel around midnight and went to the Champagne Bar which was still very busy. we had a couple of cocktails,tasty but over priced and headed to our room the back of 1! I am fully aware that as a city centre hotel there would be a degree of noise and was prepared for this as we have previously stayed centrally and understand it has a very busy nightlife.
Honestly I have read reports on this site and thought people were just looking for faults and preferred to complain over trivialities! I am not joking when I state the noise was incredibly bad! We were obviously just above the taxi rank which as you can guess was busy until the back of 4am! I fully believe the lack of secondary glazing caused the main problem as adequate glazing on the 4th floor should negate any real issue! We barely slept up til then and just to compound the problem two cherrypickers then were employed directly outside and under our window from 8am the next morning!
Obviously I am not blaming the hotel for the work being carried out but if we had slept during the night we would have coped with the early "alarm call" rather than be weary and frustrated. We have genuinely never complained or even stated a negative response after staying in several hotels but I felt I needed to let the reception staff know of our difficulties when checking out. The girl on reception at no point asked if we had enjoyed our stay as I was hoping to use that as a way of softly complaining!
I felt I had no option to point out that our sleep had been very badly affected and was neither rude or overly assertive! I indicated we had specifically asked for a quiet room and she fairly abruptly told me that WAS a quiet room. I pointed out that the secondary glazing was incomplete but she asserted there was no double glazing in the hotel! When I then pointed out the window panel was missing she said that she would get the maintenance team to have a look at it!!!
I have never complained previously but fully expected a sympathetic response encompassing the customer's right even if they are wrong mantra,unfortunately her ambivalence and disinterest absolutely astounded me! I didn't expect an apology but an empathetic recognition of our feelings would have helped! Her subsequent reaction,manner and lack of professionalism means we will never return to this hotel! I was as upset by her indignant manner as the lack of sleep! The hotel has tremendous potential but seriously needs to address both noise issues and several finer points if it truly is interested in ensuring its place as one of Glasgow's top hotels! Staff training would certainly help!

Room Tip: Check the secondary glazing is complete!
2  Thank travellerAyrshire

Thank you for sharing your experience at the hotel with visitors on Trip Advisor. We pride ourselves on providing authentic hospitality and putting the customer's needs first. However, clearly your experience was not satisfactory and did not meet these standards and for that we apologise.
We will be in contact to discuss this matter in detail.

Best regards