“Superb” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Yorkshire Lass
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

I booked this hotel via DHR - brilliant value. Huge modern room with two huge twin beds. Lovely chamapgne bar, super reastaurant. Excellent location. Very helpful concierge. Will return.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
I am delighted that you had a superb stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon, thank you for your top rating of 5.

A warm welcome back awaits you.

Laurie Nicol

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (870)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is my second time staying here and it was once again excellent. The rooms are clean and very boutique. The hotel decor is fantastic in this fabulous old building. The restaurant 'Tempus' is really good food and friendly staff. Breakfast in the morning is just as good as the food in the restaurant. We had our Christmas party night in the Victoria and Regent suite and it was superb great food, great service and enjoyed by all. I would definetly recommend this hotel for an overnight stay or a Christmas Party night. The staff that organise venues are excellent. It is one of the best hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Hathor06
Many thanks for providing your fantastic feedback and for your top rating of 5!

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable experience with us at one of our Christmas party nights last year and were impressed with the customer service and quality offered; hopefully we can celebrate the festive season with you again for 2012.

argyll
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Rooms are ok ! Ok if you are traveling and using train station ! Service was terrible ! Ian no snob by any means but I have never met such a bunch of rude staff in all my life ! Apart from one cheery concierge !
Stayed in January ! Left my passport on room to witch I contacted the hotel the next day to say what room and where I put it ! Heard nothing for a week then said it wasn't there ! A week passed again I thought I'd give it another shot to ask ! I was told it was there ! So I took the 100 mile journey from wher we live to go collected it ! When I got there iwas told it wasn't there !!! Anyway ! I order a new one ! And 5 months pass , yes 5 months ! And I revive a phone call to say it was there ! And it mysteriously turned up with out nobody knowing where or how ?! When I made the round trip again to collect this I explained my incovienice to the 12 year old manager to which he knew nothing about and when I mentioned any of the staff that I had delt with over the previous months ! They had left and no longer work there ! Seemed like a cover up !
However that aside not actually all it's croaked to be ! Potential to be really good it just need something .....? And some new management !!!!! Sorry if this is to much of a rant! And hope this can help ! Stay here if you looking for a clean bed but nothing else !!!

• Stayed January 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced, this is certainly not the standard of service that we pride ourselves on. I can assure you you’re your comments have been fully investigated and we are carrying out appropriate retraining to our staff.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future to see the hotel at it's very best.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed here overnight in May and were thrilled with the room - very boutique. Had a meal in the restaurant and were impressed by the service and the fabulous food.Can thoroghly recommend this hotel without reservation..Superbly located for exploring Glasgow's shops and right next to station.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your brilliant review and another top rating of 5, your comments are very much appreciated and encouraging to all of the Grand Central team.

I hope we can welcome you back again very soon!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

We booked the Grand Central Hotel for a quarterly entrepreneurs retreat. Most hotels cause frustration because they just can't get simple things right. But the Grand Central Hotel were absolutely magnificent in every respect. It is very well located for rail travellers, and it isn't too far from the airport either. Those who drove had parking near at hand as well, so the location proved very convenient.

The staff were unfailingly excellent. We weren't 100% happy with the meeting room we had booked. It was not a problem. As soon as they had a cancellation on another room they contacted us to see if we would prefer that one. We did, and it was excellent. All the facilities worked really well, and every time we bumped into any of the staff who were involved on the conference side of things they always proactively greeted us and couldn't do enough to help.

The bedroom we were in was large, well equipped and right up to date. Faultless. The catering was beyond expectations. We were all delighted with the service and menu in the restaurant, and the food when it was delivered was even better than expected. One of our party is a former Michelin Star chef, and he can sometimes find fault with the food, as you'd expect. But this time he just couldn't fault a thing. In fact he enjoyed his dinner so much that he ordered exactly the same things on the second night. The food was excellent, the wine was excellent and the service was superb. Nothing was too much trouble.

The hotel is large and can cater for many different groups simultaneously. It is amazing how they just seem to take everything in their stride and deliver an outstanding service to so mangy people at once. But they do. Based on this excellent experience, I would definitely book the Grand Central Hotel again, and I would highly recommend it to anyone. It is right up there with the very best we have experienced.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am delighted that you felt as a guest, the Grand Central Hotel and its staff could offer you all that you needed, thank you for taking the time to feedback on your experience with us and for a top rating of 5!

You can be assured of the same warm welcome and excellent service on your return visit.

North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Excellent 4* business hotel. I was there for a 2 night, 1 day conference. I found the staff very polite. Scottish (buffet) breakfast and dinner served in restaurant which has a contemporary feel to it. The main bar is very nice with a range of comfy chairs and tables. Rooms, very big, clean and well appointed. Parking is at the nearby NCP which is a five minute walk through Glasgow Central Station.
Overall, very good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It's pleasing to read that you had a really good stay with us and that you were impressed with the overall hotel, service and location, thank you for your feedback.

I do hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stayed here in January 2012 for a weekend in Glasgow. Hotel is lovely, big wide corridors, proper doors and everything has been renovated well. Rooms are well decorated and welcoming. Cleanliness standard was generally high, although I was able to figure out how tall our housekeeper was based on the point on the massive mirrored wall where it stopped being clean - that obviously wasn't designed to be practical. We were on the station side of the hotel, and had some noise from the tanoys, but it were well blocked by the windows and obviously did not run through the night. The shower was amazing and we had a bath - always a bonus in a hotel in my opinion. When we arrived we went to have a drink in the highly-recommended champagne bar, but on a Saturday afternoon it was far too busy and there was not a seat, or even area to stand, to be found - we moved on to All-bar-one up the road. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nicola H
I am pleased that you chose to stay with us at the Grand Central for a weekend away earlier in the year.

Thank you for your review and feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back.