Craigpark Guest House
Ranked #17 of 35 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 17, 2013

A last minute business trip to Glasgow was arranged and after a very long day and a late flight into the city of Glasgow, I arrived at around 10:30pm into the city. We use a corporate travel booking service and a colleague had booked this hotel after finding that there were no rooms available at the usual hotels we use.

Due to the flight being late and the time I called the place out of courtesy and was crudely told that I was too late and that I wouldn't be able to check in. I said that the room was pre-booked and already paid for and explained that there are no rooms available anywhere else. The reply was a simple, that isn't their problem and I along with our corporate booker should have read the T's and C's. So at 11pm mid week I had no hotel room in Glasgow!

Shocking attitude and I hope that if I was a female traveller the response would have been different but I seriously doubt it.

BE WARNED

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank Darren H
tompettyGlasgow, Owner at Craigpark Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Sir,

I regret the error with your booking but the blame lies entirely with Expedia, who made the booking for you.
They are one of many companies with whom I am listed. All of them hold details of my establishment- rooms, prices, facilities and policies, including my 9pm deadline for new guests checking in. The booking was made long after my deadline and while you were still en route to the city.
The reason for this policy is quite simple. I am a sole proprietor. I have no employees. I do not have a reception desk and I am not open all hours. I have an early rise each morning and I retire early in the evening. I do not want myself or my guests being disturbed late at night by someone ringing the doorbell to check in.
Unfortunately, on this occasion, they made a major mistake which I alerted your booking agent to immediately.
It should have been Expedia`s responsibility to find you alternative accommodation and to compensate you for any extra expenses incurred.
My guest house rating has now been downgraded through Expedia`s error which I find quite unfair. It seems we have both been badly let down for a situation outwith our control.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We booked this B&B online and weren't disappointed when we arrived. Lovely, clean and comfortable stay. About 20 mins walk from town in quiet area away from busy central Glasgow. We found the shared bathrooms clean and adequate for what we needed. The hosts were very helpful in directing us to great restaurants and places to see. We desparately needed a laundramat and Thomas directed us to a local laundramat. The lovely owners wash, dry and delivered our clothes while we were able to see the sights of Glasgow. Would recommend this B&B to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2013

First impressions.

This property is in quite a run down area of Glasgow although there is off road parking.

The owners made it quite clear from the outset that we were visitors ( more like trespassers ) than guests!

We actually booked this as it made claim to traditional cooked breakfast that the rooms where en suite.

Neither was true!

The bedroom consist of cheap metal frame beds which I could put up with but that it was not en suite I could not.

Again I would normal just make do but every time I went to the bath or creaked on the bed the genial mein host would appear.

That was off putting and extremely uncomfortable.

I have stayed in rooms which weren't en suite before but at least a bathrobe was provided and the owners not following you.

The breakfast has to be booked the night before, this is so the microwave and cope with the work load and the it is the first place I have eaten orange Lorne sausage.

The second night was made more memorable by the owners having a private dinner party next to our bedroom and getting noisier and noisier as the evening progressed.

The vino induced argument outside the bedroom door was most unwelcome considering I had to work in the morning and I had my 8 yr daughter staying with me.

Truly never again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Fatalbertsgarage
tompettyGlasgow, Owner at Craigpark Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear sir,
Let me first of all separate facts from fiction.
You and your party could not and did not book rooms with en suite bathrooms for the very simple reason that none of our rooms have en suite bathrooms.
Also, the ground floor room you occupied did not have squeaky metal beds, it had “non squeaky” pine beds-as our photos of the room clearly show.
Why you would blatantly lie like this, only you know but, to your discredit, the rest of your slanderous comments are in the same vein.
That being the case, perhaps the reviews team should review their own policies for allowing this.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights, the house itself is very nice, the room we had is advertised as ensuite , there is a shower cubicle in the actual bedroom, you share a toilet across the landing with four other rooms, not good! Breakfast was awful, looked like it had been kept warm for hours, the owners also used the guest breakfast room as their dining room, on one of the nights we stayed it was very noisy, not with guests but the owners. Beware if you get room number one it's right next door, toilet for that room is across the downstairs hall. All in all would never stay here again. Not much hospitality shown, would not recommend !

• Stayed: February 2013
5  Thank 99Paula
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We recently stayed at the Craigpark Guest House and will definitely be making a return visit. The room was always spotlessly clean, as was the bathroom which is always very important. The landlord and landlady couldn't be more accommodating and were always on hand for helpful advice when needed. The breakfast was cooked to a high standard and there was always plenty available - cooked breakfast and cereals - all in a pleasant separate dining area. There is parking and this guesthouse is well located for the city centre so we found it excellent for doing some shopping and visiting some great bars and restaurants. We wished we could have stayed a bit longer.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This B&B is lovely, very clean and comfortable and for us very convenient for where we wanted to visit whilst in Glasgow. The hosts are lovely and friendly and the breakfast was excellent. It is about 10-15 minute walk to the centre of Glasgow, same for the Barrowlands Ballroom and less for Glasgow Necropolis. There are walking tours of the necropolis which I would also recommend. The B&B is in a very nice street with large manse type properties. I would return to this B&B if back in Glasgow.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room No 1 which has twins beds and a separate bathroom (toilet, sink and shower). The r...