“Fresh fish”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Good fish supper in real 'chippie' really fresh from the sea. Prices reasonable with fast service real no nonsense food.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Had battered burger and chips with Fanta, my wife had macaroni and chips with coke and it was fab...no complaints at all and staff very chatty and friendly.....well done guys...

Reviewed January 27, 2013

always take my mum here when I come to Glasgow it is warm friendly traditional and the waitress with the short dark hair is the BEST food is good and service second to none

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I occasionally visit Glasgow to go to a show. In the past we were in the habit of stopping in at J.H. McPhee's (now Jack McPhee's) at the top of Hope Street for a sit-down fish tea. (Nostalgia strikes again!) Previously the service had been very good, the surroundings plain but clean and the food was of excellent quality. This time, however, the door was propped open allowing a freezing blast in from the street outside. The floor had only been partially covered with concrete sections showing clearly. It could have done with a good sweep. There were remnants of previous people's meals scattered about beneath our table. The booths were much smaller than we remembered and we were quite cramped where we sat. Our fish and chips, when they arrived were cold. We sent them back and, duly, fresh and hot portions arrived with an apology. I have to say, however, that the food was very good on its return. Overall I feel that this establishment, which was a Glasgow tradition in many ways, has deteriorated very badly. I don't know if I will return.

1  Thank BioToxic1
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Really good food and will defo be back. Went here for some breakfast and it was great. Service was really prompt also and it wasn't too expensive

1  Thank Mistacraig