“So good we went back the next day!”
Review of Bacchus

Bacchus
Reserve with OpenTable
Bacchus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #443 of 2,413 Restaurants in Glasgow
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: City Centre Bar with Function / Conference Room. Light airy cosmopolitan feel with easy going and relaxed atmosphere serving 'Restaurant Food At Bar Prices'and Great Cocktails ! Also offering a wide selection of Draught and Bottled Beers from around the world ( including local brew !)and good choice of Quality House Wines.
Tonbridge, Kent
“So good we went back the next day!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic meal in Bacchus, I was in Glasgow with my wife who was there on business, and we, along with some of her business colleagues, went out for dinner there.

The set menu represents superb value for money with decent portions and superb tasting food for an inexpensive price. I actually personally didn't eat from there, choosing nachos and fajitas instead, and they were fantastic. Including without a shadow of doubt the best salsa I have ever tasted (others in our party also said the same!).

Jonny, our waiter was very friendly and professional and couldn't do enough for us, even giving me several small pots of salsa to take home with us. I truly believe if they put it in a jar they could sell this for £5 a jar, no problem!

We had such a good dinner we came back for lunch the next day! We will definitely return next time we are in Glasgow.

Visited June 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“First class 2nd visit”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

2nd visit to Bacchus and I was taking my Sister for a mussels and steak meal, I was worried it wouldn't live up to my previous hype but It was just as great as it was the first time. The staff had already given us fair warning that there would be live football to give us opportunity to change dates, however despite the crowd it was lively without being rowdy.

Food was fantastic, the garlic mushrooms were lovely and the steak thick, cooked to order and melt in the mouth. I can't say enough about the mussels and the beautiful thick creamy sauce its served in, spoons were used to scoop it up when our toasted bread had run out it was that good!

My Sister is now a convert and will be returning shortly I would imagine. Thanks again for a great night, excellent friendly service and amazing food!

1 Thank Ggirl78
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Make sure you take an empty stomach!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Visited today, 2 courses each courtesy of Groupon. Hubby had mussels and steak, I had chicken fajitas and chocolate fudge cake. The food was absolutely delicious and I would gave been happy to pay full price. The service was warm and friendly without being overbearing; due to a stomach disorder I can't eat a lot at one sitting and restaurant staff often ask if there is something wrong with the food when they see how little I have eaten. Sometimes it gets a bit embarrassing when they keep asking and I've started to dread it, but the Bacchus waiter asked once then took my word when I told him the food was delicious and that I was just full. He them teased me that I might not get my chocolate cake because I hadn't eaten all my dinner!

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and can't praise Bacchus highly enough. We will certainly be back, even without a Groupon voucher!

Kilwinning, Scotland, UK
“Good value”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Booked the recent Groupon deal for two. Had never been in here before and was pleasantly surprised. It's more a bistro/bar type place, very pleasant staff and good value menu with loads of options to choose from. The Groupon deal was really only worthwhile if you took the steak (dearest item on menu) as due to the excellent prices we could have got a 2 course meal for around the same price. Anyway, we did take the steak and it was gorgeous, large and cooked to our requirements, washed down with a very keenly priced bottle of Prosecco. Thanks.

2 Thank QueenOfHols31
Kilbirnie, United Kingdom
“Fab”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went to Bacchus with a group of work colleagues and it was a great find. Staff were very friendly and helpful, especially when we were choosing our wine. Food was very reasonable and delicious. Nothing was too much bother for the staff, music not too loud, will definitely go back.

• Visited April 2013