“Top steak big portions tasty food.”
Review of Bacchus

Bacchus
Reserve with OpenTable
Bacchus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #386 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Soups, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: City Centre Bar with Function / Conference Room. Light airy cosmopolitan feel with easy going and relaxed atmosphere serving 'Restaurant Food At Bar Prices'and Great Cocktails ! Also offering a wide selection of Draught and Bottled Beers from around the world ( including local brew !)and good choice of Quality House Wines.
“Top steak big portions tasty food.”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Groupon deal mussles aberdeen angus steak for 2 think it was £15
Quality food served quickly by Claire .
Nice relaxing pub.
We loved it .
Would go back .

Bacchus G, Owner at Bacchus, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Glad you enjoyed it ! I would agree it was fantastic value for money - £22 for two

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

its so refreshing to walk in to a pub/restaurant hoping for the best and be relieved when you leave.

I opted for 2 starters as I wasn't feeling too hungry but the portion sizes really blew me away, value for money is a 5 rating without a doubt.

This is a great wee place tucked off the high street if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the crazy Christmas sales.

Service was great and the price for what we had was really good.

Food is lovely and presentation was great too.

I would recommend to anyone, go for a wee bite, it wont cost you much and its a lovely setting.

Thanks

1 Thank lindzzzzzz
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Nice meal ruined by rude manager.......”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We visited Bacchus last week for our Christmas lunch. We'd booked ahead and paid a deposit. The meal was nice and well priced and we did enjoy ourselves....however when I went to pay the bill I asked if we still had to pay the deposit for the members of our party who hadn't been able to make it. I didn't think this was unreasonable, some places will return it and I was, after all, only enquiring. The girl I was talking to was saying no, albeit a very polite no when a chap at the bar turned round and said 'How DARE you even ask'. I assume he was the owner or the manager. He was so rude to me I was actually taken aback. It wasn't that they were refusing to return the deposit, that's their decision, it was the way he spoke to me. At that point we had bought a lot of wine so we had already spent a lot of money, the place was nearly empty and we hadnt pre ordered the food. We decided not to order any more drinks and left. This was a shame as we'd actually been having a nice time up to then but there was no need for the rudeness.

2 Thank HazAl6
Bacchus G, Owner at Bacchus, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
This lady cetrainly did have a lot of wine and wasn't happy that the deposit for 5 'no shows 'out of only 15 wasn't going to be returned to her. Disappointed that she is now being so spiteful. Hopefully Trip Advisor will see fit to remove this review as the wrong picture has been painted here !
Scotland
“Great value”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Ok so it's a busy pub, popular with all ages but the steaks are terrific - wine is well-priced and the welcome from the staff is warm. What more can you ask ?

1 Thank ceebee42
Glasgow
“Excellent food and great service!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a Groupon voucher for mussels and steak for 2 for Saturday. We were early for our booking so we bought a drink at the bar, however the barmaid advised us our table was ready if we wanted to sit down. We ordered immediately and didn't have to wait long for our starter. The mussels were excellent and just enough for 2 to share. The steak was cooked to perfection with a nice salad, chips and mushrooms. What a great bargain this offer is, if groupon offer this deal again I will certainly be going for it and recommending it to my friends and family. Service and food where superb. Well done Bacchus!!

Bacchus G, Owner at Bacchus, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Hope to see you again soon