“Whiskey, loch and trossachs”

Timberbush Tours Glasgow - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Loch Ness, Glencoe and the Highlands Day Trip...
Ranked #11 of 88 Tours in Glasgow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: See Scotland at its Best with Timberbush Tours! 5 Star Highland day tours in contemporary mini and midi coaches departing daily from Glasgow since 2006! Experience the delights of Loch Ness, Loch Lomond, The Trossachs & Stirling Castle, Oban and tours to Scotland's oldest distillery, The Famous Grouse Experience, with passionate and entertaining driver-guides.
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We had a really good day trekking. Due to ice on the roads we had a slight detour for a morning tea break in Calandar. Then lunch at The Famous Grouse Whiskey Distillery. I really enjoyed the tour and the kids managed to stay intrigued and not get too bored. We then had a stop on the way home at Doune castle and Stirling. By the time we got to Stirling it was 4pm and quite dark. So it was an outside photo pop and no exploring. We thought that this was disappointing. Good day out

1  Thank Naomi G
in 10 reviews
"hour tour"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Had a great day with stephen, he showed us around with detailed description along the journey. I am normally a poor traveller by bus but I still manage to have a great time. Nice mini stops along the way for those special scenaries!

1  Thank Leonardo Y
Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife and I were on our honeymoon in Scotland and we booked a day tour from Timberbush from Glasgow to Stirling Castle. Our guide, Neal, proved to be the best guide either of us ever had. Knowing many of the roads to our destination were closed due to flooding and rain, Neal decided to do the trip in reverse. Instead of hitting Loch Lomond first and Stirling last, he just inverted the trip and it worked perfectly. Being able to see Stirling before sunset (which was around 4 PM in the winter) was ideal.

The sights were terrific and Neal had a wealth of knowledge about Scottish history, culture, and whisky (which piqued my interest). He made each sight relevant to the group. We became experts on William Wallace and Robert the Bruce. He made each stop fun, regardless of the pouring rain. Instead of just throwing a CD in, he discussed all sorts of aspects of Scottish life. Overall, I believe it was the best and most rewarding day of our stay in Scotland. Best of all, he recommended what turned out to be the best restaurant that we dined at! (The venison haggis at Ubiquitous Chip was great, in case you're reading this, Neal).

I would gladly come back to Timberbush Tours and highly recommend it to anyone visiting Scotland.

1  Thank Drew M
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The day trip to Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond, and Loch Katharine was amazing! My family and I had a great time seeing the great attractions Scotland had to offer. Although we were not blessed with the best weather on that particular day, we still had a great time. Our enthusiastic tour guide, Stephen, was extremely entertaining and made the trip even more fun. I recommend this tour to anyone looking to make the most of their trip to Scotland!

1  Thank Graham D