“Standard Dropping” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Standard Dropping”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have been going to iKafe since it opened and have always loved the food and the service which they provide whether it be at lunch time or in the evening. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the restaurant is always warm and inviting with a huge array of cakes on offer set out at the counter.

On my last visit I was very disappointed with the food which was served - first of all on the menu it stated pate but when it turned up it was a solid block of pork - not sure exactly how to describe it but as far as I was concerned it wasn't pate and could not be spread onto the toast that was provided for it. The second course I ordered the tagine - when it arrived it was like shredded meat with some cream mixed through - did not look very inspiring and did not taste anything like it had done previously.

I had gone to the restaurant with friends and they also agreed that the food was not very good and we were all left very disappointed. I won't be planning on going back there for a long time as this experience has definitely put me off as the prices are not exactly cheap. Of course if the food is good I don't mind paying more but to have 2 courses that were bad well - the only good thing was the wine and the company!!

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

Excellent food and service..and customer care in abundance

• Visited March 2012
“Brilliant & Varied”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

This is a restaurant my wife and myself regularly return to. The menu is varied and almost invariably excellent. The added bonus is that the spicy dishes are genuinly spicy which is a big plus on my book.
The surroundings are not particularly plush but perfectly acceptable. Our only negatives on our last visit was the change of menu which had removed some of our favourites and I wish the beer & wine was propoerly chilled.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great food..great service...awful music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

Gorgeous little trendy cafe, populated by the South Side elite, "with it" grannies and business lunch types. Food is fresh, tasty and reasonably priced. Chairs could be a little bit more comfortable, and the outdated, repetitive chill out music becomes unbearable after a while. But if you want a fresh, healthy lunch, this place is fab.

Visited January 2012