“Loved it”

The Butchershop Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Butchershop Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European, British, Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West End
Transit: We are located close to the Kelvingrove subway stop and on one of the main bus routes between the City Centre and Glasgow's West End
Description: One of the most talked about steakhouses in Scotland, The Butchershop Bar & Grill prides itself on serving the finest Scottish grass fed beef; locally-sourced and dry aged hung from between 21-35 days.Inspired by owner James Rusks’ time in America, The Butchershop is a stylish, modern haven for foodies with an ethos focused on delivering outstanding service, exceptional food and vibrant atmosphere.Award winning chefs create mouth-watering daily specials by using the best produce Scotland has to offer including freshly caught seafood and traditional grill classics. The complementing Butchershop bar is home to expertly-mixed signature cocktails, liqueurs, whiskies and an impressive array of wines.Located in the vibrant West End of the city, this steakhouse and cocktail bar offers stunning views of Glasgow University and The Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, and is truly a must visit for anyone stepping foot in Glasgow.
Glasgow
“Loved it”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Had a meal here for the first time last week & it was amazing, steak tartare to start & fillet for main & the chocolate dessert. The wine was lovely & service good. Only thing I could fault was it was actually quite awkward getting out of my seat without disturbing the table next to me.

1 Thank LH106

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Did not disappoint”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

had dinner here on 7th Feb, starter soup and then fillet steak, onion rings and mushrooms plus handcut chips. wine and beer £92. Felt it a little expensive but we enjoyed the steaks, Would return to taste the Tomahawke! Only down side our table we felt that we were in the way and it was cold - wished I had kept my coat! Would have been nice to have been told that wine is only small glass 125ml and that there was carafe of wine instead only told this when they had sold us glass wine then we had to buy the carafe. No desert

Kirkintilloch
“Did not disappoint!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Looking for a meal before going to Hydro and found everywhere around the Finnieston area end to be full. I pass by this restaurant every day and I feel that it doesn't seem that welcoming from the outside. How wrong could I be? Had to book for 4 o'clock on a Sunday. Place was full and shown to a table in the far end. It was a little cramped but actually was ok, with the music on you didn't really hear other conversations. We opted for the Sunday roast which was a real bargain and to die for! I thought it a bit strange when the waitress didn't ask how I would like my steak done but no need to worry - it was absolute perfection and mouthwateringley great. For 3 courses each for 2 people, with a bottle of wine and coffee, the bill was £35 each. Definitely recommend.

Greenock, United Kingdom
“Well worth visiting”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Had dinner here on 8-2-14 with my husband and it was superb.
Efficient,friendly service,starter of warm goats cheese cake was yummy followed by T-bone veal steak which was superb,neither space or need for dessert.
Great value,brilliant setting and we will definitely be back.

“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I took my husband here for his birthday in early December, I'd heard a lot of good things about the place and as we only stay 40 minutes from Glasgow we decided it'd be worth a try. I loved the location - just a short drive from the city centre - and once we got inside we fell even more in love with the place. Excellent service and the best steak I've ever had (I kid you not) made for a wonderful evening. We can't wait to return and can't stress enough how great this place is.

Visited December 2013