“Yummy steaks”

The Butchershop Bar and Grill
Ranked #133 of 2,559 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West End
Transit: We are located close to the Kelvingrove subway stop and on one of the main bus routes between the City Centre and Glasgow's West End
Description: One of the most talked about steakhouses in Scotland, The Butchershop Bar & Grill prides itself on serving the finest Scottish grass fed beef; locally-sourced and dry aged hung from between 21-35 days.Inspired by owner James Rusks’ time in America, The Butchershop is a stylish, modern haven for foodies with an ethos focused on delivering outstanding service, exceptional food and vibrant atmosphere.Award winning chefs create mouth-watering daily specials by using the best produce Scotland has to offer including freshly caught seafood and traditional grill classics. The complementing Butchershop bar is home to expertly-mixed signature cocktails, liqueurs, whiskies and an impressive array of wines.Located in the vibrant West End of the city, this steakhouse and cocktail bar offers stunning views of Glasgow University and The Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, and is truly a must visit for anyone stepping foot in Glasgow.
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful place to eat. My steak was probably the best I have eaten in a long time and was reasonably priced. Cocktails are excellent but a little on the pricy side. Service is good but playing the memory game with orders caused an issue at the adjacent table. Will go back in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,871)

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We went out for my partners birthday. There were 6 adults in our party and all had a variety of steaks - fillet/sirloin and 2 had the Côte de bœuf.

All steaks were cooked perfectly and the quality of beef was fantastic.
Service was excellent- one of our party was very particular on tge way he wished his steak to be cooked and it was cooked just as requested,

All in all,best steaks we have had in Glasgow and worth a visit!!

Will be back soon ;)

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We went to this restaurant for a birthday meal and ate off a set menu for £30 which consisted of 2 mains, being rump steaks or burgers with skinny fries and a bottle of wine.

Having arrived early, we sat in the bar and had a cocktail which was excellent. The staff here are very friendly and throughout the meal ensured everything was to our satisfaction.

I asked for my steak well done and my husband asked for medium. We also ordered extra sides of green beans and homemade slaw. I was told that for a well done steak it could take up to 30 mins, as we were in no hurry we were happy to wait.

We waited about 20 mins and I have to say it was definately worth the wait. My steak was cooked to perfection and my husbands just a tad overcooked for his likiing but nothing to complain about. My husband then had a sticky toffee pudding which is one of the best he has every had.

Outside is going through a bit of refurbishment with the decking area having been ripped out, however there is a notice up apologising for this and although not very pleasing to the eye there really is not a lot than can be done about that.

Small issue with the bill however as soon as it was pointed out it was rectified.

This restaurant is one which we return to in the future and will certainly recommend it.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Was a bit of a special occasion so I was looking for a really good place and The Butchershop fulfilled my high expectations whether it came to the simple, but well prepared steak, tasty mussels and a really sublime wine for a pretty good price (considering it is an upmarket restaurant). Service was perfect as well, the environment is a bit noisy during the evenings, but nothing terrible. Very good experience and I am definitely coming back soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

A disaster of a dining experience:
Cote de boeuf - house signature cut £31.95 - extremely tough could not cut - sent back
Chateaubriand for two - £60 - ordered medium rare but overcooked - very roughly slice by waitress who spilled large amount of juices over my husband's trousers. She promised a cloth but this never arrived. Tasted like very poor thickly cut roast beef done medium to well. Husband kept it as he was hungry but I would have sent it back.
T-Bone £31.95 - ordered by my son. This was good - not excellent but good and the best steak of those ordered. I selected a T bone to replace the Cote de Boeuf and it was very good. The little sauces on the side were poor - worst pepper sauce ever encountered.
The waitress told us that the desserts were fantastic but these too were extremely disappointing:Banoffee Sundae was like a glass of whipped cream with a few banana slices and some caramel - one of the worst dessert experiences ever and at a whopping £6.95. My son ordered chocolate brownie which was a very small portion and was like a high quality chocolate bar. He asked for 2 scoops of ice cream with it and they were the smallest scoops of ice cream I have even seen - not much bigger than the size of melon balls - I have never seen anyone look so disappointed! Also £6.95.
The highlights were an excellent bottle of Rioja Reserva and the hand cut chips. We also liked our booth and its location against the back wall and the music / atmosphere. But the food and the service left a lot to be desired. Waitress was pleasant enough but they don't seem to be trained properly e.g. not shown wine bottle before opening and left to pour your own during meal. When my husband did complain about his trousers he was told to send in dry cleaning receipt by manager in a message via waitress.They did take off the price of my steak and the desserts due to my complaints about the food but for a ruined evening we still spent over £140 for 2 adults and 2 teenagers. We booked online and my husband did note it was a birthday celebration for my daughter but they did not even wish her a happy birthday! We will not be back - there are much better restaurants with better food and service in Glasgow.