“Highly recommended”

The Butchershop Bar and Grill
Ranked #138 of 2,590 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West End
Transit: We are located close to the Kelvingrove subway stop and on one of the main bus routes between the City Centre and Glasgow's West End
Description: One of the most talked about steakhouses in Scotland, The Butchershop Bar & Grill prides itself on serving the finest Scottish grass fed beef; locally-sourced and dry aged hung from between 21-35 days.Inspired by owner James Rusks’ time in America, The Butchershop is a stylish, modern haven for foodies with an ethos focused on delivering outstanding service, exceptional food and vibrant atmosphere.Award winning chefs create mouth-watering daily specials by using the best produce Scotland has to offer including freshly caught seafood and traditional grill classics. The complementing Butchershop bar is home to expertly-mixed signature cocktails, liqueurs, whiskies and an impressive array of wines.Located in the vibrant West End of the city, this steakhouse and cocktail bar offers stunning views of Glasgow University and The Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, and is truly a must visit for anyone stepping foot in Glasgow.
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We visited this restaurant with friends, and were delighted by it. The welcome, the dexterity of the bar staff and the efficiency of the waiting staff were excellent, and the food was lovely. I am not a great eater of steaks, or roasts, but our chateaubriand was perfectly cooked and very efficiently served - memorable! I would certainly go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,903)

Reviewed January 19, 2013

As you can guess by the name of the restaurant, the menu revolves around the meat (although they're are other options as well). I visited with friends and everyone at the table had the rump steak. I had mine medium rare and it was honestly the best steak I can remember having, and I'm not a big steak eater. Really tender meat, I really enjoyed it and so did everyone else at the table.

The price of steaks vary from 16 to the chateaubriand which was 60 for 2 to share. There is many comments about the place being pricey, but for a delicious steak, 16 pound is not bad at all.

Wine list didn't have a great selection of white wine but we went for one of the Sauvignon blanc and it was really nice.

Staff were all friendly and efficient. Had a great meal and will definitely be back. If your looking for somewhere in glasgow to get a nice steak then this is the place to visit.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had a great meal. The steaks were gorgeous. Cooked perfectly. Service excellent. Would definetly go back.

Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Tried this restaurant for the first time, over all was fairly happy, price wise it's fair and I didn't feel ripped off, had a selection of starters, scallops and pigs cheek, calamari and the short rib cake, all of them are great combinations of flavours and great ideas although found them not quite warm enough and under seasoned but there's salt on the table so not a problem to fix, everyone has different taste buds. The cote de boeuf and fillet were cooked perfectly as asked and seasoned exceptionally well for me , very tasty fillet was cooked in a pan which I prefer for a fillet, and the ribeye was chargrilled adding great flavour to it. Don't really like skin on chips but not the biggest problem just preference, sticky toffee pudding was great, chocolate tart was ok, the bought in pastry case was a bit of a let down as they are always too thick and difficult to break through with a spoon, I would suggest serving as fork with this aswell as it slides about the plate a bit, but the flavour combination of it was perfect and the honeycomb also. Service I found slightly off, the girl that served us was friendly however the guy I felt as if he didn't particularly care about us, although he was attentive enough there was just no love.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

The food as the name suggests revolves around meat. I had the fillet steak and it was delicious, cooked medium rare as I asked. I have to make special mention of Liam our bar manager who looked after us while we waited for our table. He is an absolute delight, and was very happy to tell us where to go and what to see in Glasgow. He made our night.