“WOW.....what a find!”
Review of Celino’s

Celino’s
Ranked #21 of 2,413 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Families with children
Description: Winners of Scotland's best Cafe/Bistro Award 2012, 2013, 2014 and Best Italian Bistro 2013! A beautiful authentic Italian eatery, familay run with quality food and value for money always!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“WOW.....what a find!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My partner had asked me to try and find a place to eat closeby to his folks who are East Enders.......I merely googled and this little gem came up! Well let's just say I was popular on Sunday for finding it!

It feels like a city centre bistro and has a feel of Sartis about it! It is indeed a super little place with lots of goodies on offer to buys, meats, cheeses, chocolate and lots of fine Italian produce.

We had not booked, hoping they would squeeze us in, much to our dlight they were able to fit us in and sat us down. Quick drinks ordering, efficient table service throughout and particularly taken by the Polish waitress who could not enough for us. I opted for minestrone which was delicious and then had the spaghetti with fresh calamari, clams, mussels, and tiger prawns. It was delicious. My partner had the steak which was lovely and the rest of the table, his parents had equally fantastic food. Birra Moretti on tap which made my partner's father happy so all in all a happy table we were.

Couldn't fault this place, it was a popular place as the night went on, very busy and nice little atmosphere we will definately be back!!

• Visited October 2012

Clyde Valley
“Fantastic swinging night!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Attended an evening at Celinos on saturday night for a fabulous meal and terrific atomosphere created by the fantastic staff, great food and their entertainment of swing singer, who belted out Sinatra and Buble's classics. such a tiny place, and yet folks were up dancing and enjoying the music - it was hard to believe you were on the main road in Dennistoun! Once inside, it was more akin to a family restuarant in Naples! Alan is a fantastic host, and the service as usual was attentive and friendly. My starter of Gamberoni on crusty bread with a delicious flavour of garlic and chilli was mothwateringly good. The veal T-bone again was excellent and an unusual cut of meat to enjoy.
Both the tiramisu and the selection of cheeses were superb - and it all rounded up to be one of the best evenings I've enjoyed for a long time.
So well done Celinos for yet another triumph! Keep up the good work.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank ClydeValleyChatty
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A Gem in Glasgow' East End”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My partner is a Glasgow-Italian lady. Her daughter's partner "discovered" Celino's only because he was working nearby. I would normally expect to find top class food in the Italian restaurants in Glasgow's city centre. Was I and the other three in for a surprise! Inside the main door there is this wonderful delicatessan of Italian fare. The rest of the floor space is given over to the restaurant proper. It was fortunate for us, given that it was early Saturday evening, that we had booked in advance. All the tables were full of young and old, children and babes in arm, and I would hazard a guess that the clientele were from neighbouring areas. I can confidently say that, without describing the entire menu, the food was excellent, probably as good as you will get in the west of Scotland. The animated talk and laughter in Celino's says much about the place. The staff are very friendly and seem to know many of their customers. I should like to make special mention of the lovely Czech girl who works there, whose joyful repartee is an asset to this fine establishment. We will be returning to Celino's very soon.

Mr. Dahson.

1 Thank Donald M
Glasgow
“Celinos - Fantastic!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

As a regular visitor to Celinos in Dennistoun Glasgow, I can honestly say that this is, without doubt, one of the finest establishments there is for quality, variety and service. The presentation of the delicious food is outstanding, and the service is polite and attentive without being overbearing.
All of the Celinos team work extremely hard to provide an excellent customer experience. If you have not been yet, I would highly recommend that you try Celinos!
So good to see a business with real values and customer service, alongside authentic Italian cuisine.
Great atmosphere, great food, great service. Fantastic!

2 Thank markdeejay7
Glasgow, Scotland
“Good Italian home cooking.”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I've been here regularly since discovering it last year and I come all the way over from the West End. I usually come with friends and the atmosphere is always friendly, the service prompt and the cooking excellent. The pre-theatre menu is good value and the a la carte offers a wide choice and generous portions. Mind you, it's best to book at weekends because the restaurant is affy wee and very busy!

2 Thank KelvinKid