“A nice place for lunch”

Neighborhood: West End
Birmingham, Michigan
“A nice place for lunch”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Near the University off a cobbled street you will find Brel, a Belgium eatery featuring mussells and frits along with a varied menu. The price is modest and the food interesting and refreshing. Many locals can be found eating here along with tourists.

BrelBar, Manager at Brel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Hello - thanks for stopping by for lunch. It's great to hear you enjoyed yourselves and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Big change”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

In 2007 I frequently visited Brel in Ashton Lane. The food then was great. In addition to the moules and frites there was sea bass and other tempting dishes on the menu. Taking a trip down memory lane I returned again. Big mistake! The menu was uninspiring.As a starter we ordered langoustines. These were of the anorexic variety, having next to no meat on them. The steak my partner ordered wasn't great and had gristle in it. The macaroni reminded me of the frozen variety, too much cornflour and bland. Best part of the meal was the frites which were great. Really quite disappointed and not the Brel I remember. The waitress was extremely pleasant and helpful, just a shame about the food.

1 Thank Helen B
Hello there.

We're sorry to hear that your recent trip to Brel wasn't up to scratch. We pride ourselves on using quality fresh ingredients and I have passed your comments on to our head chef.

I'm glad you enjoyed the service you received and hope you will return in the near future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great place for mussels”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Excellent place for moules et frites in the West End of Glasgow. Great atmosphere and great location.

Visited October 2013
BrelBar, Manager at Brel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. We're really glad you enjoyed the mussels, Lemongrass, chilli, coriander and coconut are my favourite.

See you again soon!
hamilton
“disgusting”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Went to brel for my sisters birthday, worse idea to celebrate my sis birthday, ordered fish n chips and it was so greasy it was dripping off the plate and tasted like dirty oil. My sis had the mussels and she only had a few when I asked her why she didn't eat them she said they were not nice at all. For the price you pay to get 2 meals that were DISGUSTING how I ask myself do people eat here, also waited 25 minute for the meal. Wont return.

BrelBar, Manager at Brel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
I am disappointed to hear that your visit was not up to our usual standards in either service or food quality. I will be looking into why your food took so long to arrive and I have spoken to the head chef and he has changed the batter for the fish and chips to ensure they are crispy every time.
I have also sent you a private message and hope to welcome you back to Brel in the near future.
hamilton
“Not good”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Visited here today but doubt if we will be going back .ordered off the special lunch menu. Soup and a burger.soup came after 20 minutes,along with the burger ,but had to send the soup back ,it was lukewarm. I had the fish finger burger which was not really good value for money only two fish fingers and a bit of saladabit pricey and didn't come with fries they were extra and if you wanted cheese on your burger that was a pound extra..nothing special wont be back....

BrelBar, Manager at Brel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review Brel. I am sorry to hear that your visit was not up to our usual standards of service or value. I will look into why your order took so long to arrive and all came together.
We will be reviewing our lunch menu over the coming weeks to ensure that it still offers value for money.