We were in Glasgow for one night, basically to go to Cafe Gandolfi for dinner (highly, highly recommended) and wanted somewhere cheap but decent to stay and CitizenM came up. I'd heard about them before, but never stayed there - the reviews were great and the rate was amazing, the location was good so it was kind of a no-brainer.
Definitely the right thing to do - it's right in the middle of Glasgow, has a deal on parking that's less than 10 minutes away and is both cool and good - not that easy to do. The service is kind of 'DIY', but with people on-hand to help you out (very friendly, very efficient) so it all works out great. The whole place has a very 'European' vibe about it - finding out it's a Dutch company makes a lot of sense. There's no way the British would do this...
So, down to the nitty-gritty. The rooms are awesome - kind of a massive capsule where the (oversize) bed takes up one end of the room, complete with colour-changeable mood lighting, pod bathroom and extremely modern styling. Not a great place to share with someone you're not VERY comfortable with, but hey, if you're not comfortable with them - why are you sharing a room? Anyway, the room was great, but the public areas, including the bar, are the best bit - very nicely designed and great to spend time in. This is not a place designed to hang out in your room.
Overall, it was just the ticket for a quick, funky getaway - excellent value, comfy and fun. I'm not sure I'd recommend it to, er, more conservative types - or those expecting a conventional hotel room with a work desk and a Corby trouser press - and I'm not sure it would suit a 'traditional' business traveller. But I'd definitely stay there again. And if I can use their hotels in other places, and get a similar experience and value, I will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Glasgow's city centre and Theatre District, citizenM Glasgow offers affordable luxury in the form of 198 modern non-smoking rooms. Enjoy free Wi-Fi in the entire hotel, free movies, high pressure rain showers and luxurious linens on an XL king-size bed; contemporary Vitra lobbies for work and play with free iMac access, and a 24/7 on-site eatery and bar to quench every hunger and thirst. CitizenM Glasgow also boasts SocietyM, which provides one-of-a-kind creative meeting spaces for 2 to 18 people, a larger screening room, audiovisual equipment, and reliable Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your citizenM Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- CitizenM Glasgow Scotland