“Exactly what you pay for” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of citizenM Glasgow

citizenM Glasgow
Ranked #10 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
melbourne
“Exactly what you pay for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was good. It is funky and looks good with its own modern character which was nice. Check in was easy and quick giving the customer full control. Even got to pick our view.

We didn't eat at the hotel so I can't comment on the food.
Our room was brilliant. The bed is amazing I loved how big it was. The shower pod was a good size and really fun with changing colours. I really really loved the rainforest shower. I want one in my house. The hotel have used the space they have well and the rooms are narrow but do not feel cramped. My partner and I had plenty of room.

I would not however share a room with a friend the shower / toilet pod is not the most privet or sound proof.

My only upset was I accidentally left my green lovely warm scarf in the lobby and someone took it not handing it in to reception which was sad. So watch your stuff in open areas.

Apart from that a brilliant stay and I would stay in a citizenM again without hesitation.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
citizenMGlasgow, General Manager at citizenM Glasgow, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Hi Hannah,

Thank you for your lovely review and we hope to see you back again soon. I may have some good news about your favourite scarf... We have a checked, cotton green scarf which was handed in by someone who picked it up by mistake. It is not so warm, but definitely green and I thought it might be yours? We can send it to you if you like. Please email us directly and we can arrange this.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (927)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have stayed here with my partner on 5 occasions and each and every time it has been great.

The location is perfect as it is right in the heart of Glasgow City centre. It allows you to eat out, drink and/or go shopping, cinema viewing or whatever else you want to do and not have to travel very far.

The rooms are very spacious, modern and stylish. The bed is exceptionally comfy. Not to mention the large television, the channels, free movies, free wifi and a tablet to use. This sets it apart from other hotels.

The lounge area is brilliant for lazing about or socialising aswell as picking up a bite to eat and drink.

The staff are always helpful (always willing to resolve any problem - no matter how big or small) and never have a dull face. The security guard is a character and very funny - well worth a chat to.

I have some minor problems however and I do stress that they are minor.

1) The pricing of the alcoholic beverages is very, very expensive and not advertised well enough on the menu's.

2) The hotel does not advertise the car park discount well enough, so much so that I had to find out from a friend that this was offered by the hotel.

Apart from these problems, I would say this hotel is exceptional and perfect for everyone/all occasions.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Really loved staying here, great value for money, staff were very helpful and friendly, room was amazing, will definitely stay here again and recommend to friends and family.its in great location and very central to pubs, clubs, shops and to train stations and bus stations.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Having just spent 3 nights here with my partner ,including Hogmanay. This was a fantastic place you can keep the rest of your boring all looking the same hotels... From check in to check out there are staff to look after you ,always with a smile on there faces and a little chat as well. The décor is fab ,with the high fancy chairs to the man having a rest on top of the entrance door roof lol .The one small thing I didn't like was the narrowness of the room we were 1st put into but thanks to Max we were sorted out as my partner feels claustrophobia. The mood lighting controlled lights along with a hugh bed and wall mounted tv were great however. Breakfast was really good for choice also. All in all a great pace that we would go back to great design great feel but more importantly staff that really care and know how to be with customers.

Room Tip: take a couple of extra hangers
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights here as a treat for my boyfriends birthday. We had great fun with the moodpad in our hotel room and it was nice to stay somewhere so different to the norm. We spent a lot of time at the hotel bar due to bad weather, cocktails were delicious and the staff were absolutely lovely.
The only downside is there isn't a lot of space to hang up clothes or toiletries etc. But fine if staying just for a few nights.
Good fun and would love to stay here again.

Irvine, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Booked this overnight stay as a suprise for my partners birthday. Hotel is situated not even a 5 min walk from the town centre. Lovely entrance, lovely room! Very quirky having a tablet work everything in the room from the lights and tv to the blinds!.
Hotel is very unsual and different from any other hotel I have stayed in previously. I cannot comment on the food/drinks as we did not eat in the hotel but all looked lovely!
Would defo reccomend this hotel & looking forward to our next stay :)

Colchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

This could have been so good, but frankly, it didn't measure up to my expectations based upon reviews and rating on this site. The hotel is very different, and I liked that, and the staff were very pleasant and helpful, so no problems there. However, there were some problems during our stay - couldn't get the movies on the TV on the first night, room not cleaned when we got in at 4.45pm on the second night, air conditioning not working at all on the third night - these were satisfactorily resolved, but it would have been so much better if they hadn't happened in the first place. The lighting and control by a tablet was for me a bit gimmicky - what's wrong with a couple of switches and a remote? However, the shower was lovely, and the bed was comfortable. But, what killed it for me was the lack of tea/coffee making facilities in the room. I know it's not far to the bar and breakfast area, but the first thing I want to do when I wake up in the morning after a night's sleep in an air conditioned room is make a cup of tea. Similarly, after a hard day's sightseeing (in the rain). Citizens in other parts of the world may not be so choosy but you'd have to look long and hard to find other hotels or B and B's not providing this facility in the UK.

• 3 of 5 bubbles