“Concert trip to Glasgow”
Review of citizenM Glasgow

citizenM Glasgow
Ranked #12 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Perth, United Kingdom
“Concert trip to Glasgow”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed at citizen m in Glasgow for concert. Hotel was excellent, with great shower, comfortable bed helpful staff and lovely boutique feel and features. iPod Dock, free movies and wifi - just as things should be at this class of hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (944)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I had an excellent 2 night stay at the Citizen M.

The canteen and seating area is great- loved trying out all of the different seats- great fun. Staff were friendly and provides good service. I enjoyed the coffee and tea I got at the canteen.

The room wa great fun. Loved exploring the different settings and using the tablet to control things. I do think it would be beneficial to have instructions though- the lights could be quite confusing. I couldn't figure out how to only have the bathroom light on for the middle of the night!
The room was quiet and I love that you can make it proper dark.
Super selection of films and tv channels available!
Only things I would have liked would be a bin in the actual room area, perhaps a small tea tray and slightly more hanging space.
I was travelling with my partner so it wasn't that bad that you can see through to the toilet/shower area but there are some ppl who are perhaps not as close and may find this strange.

The bed was amazing- big and comfy :) Had a great sleep.
Would have been nice if the room was hoovered when towels were changed as the floor gets a bit messy.

I would definitely stay again though.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
scotland
Reviewed October 18, 2013

until breakfast the overall experience was wonderful. brilliant location, gorgeous decor, amazing room really comfortable without being over the top. staff went over and above in customer service.
breakfast a real disaster. not convinced the sausages were cooked, .waited 10mins for eggs and gave up in the end. advertised as a Scottish breakfast but didnt come up to the mark. only wish I had discussed this at the time. late check out was a lifesaver. shower was a dream. would defo use again but would have breakfast out, there are plenty of places in the area. black out binds fantastic idea

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013

If all you want is a claustrophobic pod with a bed on which to watch movies this is it, otherwise avoid like the plague! Room is not functional, no tea/coffee facilities, nowhere to hang clothes...unless you're a toddler, sink too small so floor gets flooded, shower curtain sticks to you in shower, one chair and it isn't even a comfy one! Mood lighting..what a gimmick..your shower pod can be blue or pink or yellow..really?! Surround on bed was dirty, picked up massive hairball on my shoe from carpet, not pleasant. So you can't sit and relax in room, no choice but to go downstairs, everyone else in same boat..nowhere to sit. Gimmicky, over priced sub standard hotel..no I take that back..it's more like an up market hostel!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
7 Thank alexandra g
citizenDiego, at citizenM Glasgow, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Hi "alexandra g",

I feel very sorry that your expectations were not met here. Reading your review, I assume you came with the expectations of staying in a traditional hotel, which we are not.

First off, there is no carpet in the room, we believe it makes the room unhygienic and dusty. Instead, you find a zebrano floor, good for the eyes, and for your feet.

I do apologise that you found the surround of the bed dirty, as it must be sparkling clean. Unfortunately I cannot see which room you stayed at with the information of your review but if you think we deserve a chance to double check, and prevent this from happening with future guests, please email me directly at citizendiego@citizenm.com.

We are not perfect and at times, things can slip from our sight. On the other hand, we do appreciate feedback like yours to learn and improve the service we offer.

citizenM is for a niche on our own style, and we understand it doesn't satisfy everyone. We believe in luxury where it counts, free Wi-Fi, free movies on demand, contemporary environment to work & lounge, 24/7 food & beverage availability and some fun twists. The room is smart in size, and functional, focussing on the greatest XL king-size bed you can sleep on, a power rain shower and a clean design. There are many pictures and information available from our website, fellow reviewers, Google and beyond, to help you with the decision making before actually booking a room. I hope on your next travels you choose an accommodation that fits your needs.

All the best,
Diego
Petrockstow, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

First time at one of these was way better than a travel lodge, buzzing atmosphere in the bar, better than some of the pubs in town, very comprehensive menu available
enjoyed the mood settings and free films, very helpful staff

Aberdeen
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I booked this hotel for somewhere to stay after my partner's birthday night out in Glasgow. I was a little worried as I had read some bad reviews on trip advisor, but I really didn't need to be. I can't recommend it enough. Everything was amazing. We arrived at about midnight and there were plenty of staff around to help us out, even though we checked in with a touch screen computer. We went up to our room and looked around. The mood lighting was actually better than I expected, there is a colour wheel and you can pretty much pick any colour you want, as well as some pre-set lighting settings (a palm tree, which was a gentle blue and yellow colour, a romantic setting etc). You can also control the temperature of the room with the touch screen remote, which was really useful, as I woke up in the middle of the night boiling and turned it down. There was a wide selection of new films to choose from, and they were all free. Although the rooms look small on the website, and I suppose they are quite, the room actually felt really spacious. The rain shower was brilliant, and the soaps and shampoos were really nice. We went down stairs and had a cocktail at 1:30am, and they were brilliant. We had a look around the hotel with our cocktails and, if anything, the decor is even more impressive in real life (I had expected the photos on the website to make it look better than it actually was, but this was definitely not the case). The staff were really friendly and happy and were almost climbing over themselves to help you with anything you needed. The barman (I think his name was Steven) directed us to take aways nearby that would be open at 2am. Breakfast, although it was just under £9 per person, was delicious and you certainly got your money's worth. The decor of the whole hotel is really striking, and I love all the little details. We will definitely be going back to Citizen M. We really didn't want to leave! Book at least two nights here!

Room Tip: If you can, get one on the top floor, the views are more impressive.
Birmingham
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed in the hotel on a recent conference trip. The staff were friendly, the hotel clean and the bed amazing! The ethos to only have in place those things that you need is really very good and I was delighted to have a room where the main agenda was the bed and the ability to control the temperature and light effectively. The bathroom was small bu well appointed, my only slight concern was the very small hanging area, where, if are anything bigger than a size 8, you will not be able to store much! All in all a great concept that you need to buy in to and a very comfortable stay for the price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business