“Spur of the moment stay..”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of citizenM Glasgow

citizenM Glasgow
Ranked #11 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Spur of the moment stay..”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My partner and I decided last minute to have an evening away. Upon entering the hotel the decor was stunning, very modern & very clean, couldn't believe it was three years old. We were asked if we'd stayed before, as we hadn't, the woman explained how to use the computerised check in system along with any other things we'd need to know during our stay. The room was very high-tech, tablet in hand (to control lights/tv/blinds etc.) I was in my element. There was a small glitch with our tv - as the tablet had just been installed in our room. This was fixed promptly by Dean who also offered us complimentary breakfast as an apology. We stayed in room 705, smaller than other hotels i've stayed in but utilised the space well; massive bed, view was great and all under £70. Top class service from all the staff members and overall an incredibly enjoyable stay. CitizenM, you now have a citizen for life!

Room Tip: Seventh floor has a great view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (930)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have stayed at the citizen m on a few occasions most recently in mid may this year. We spent the night in glasgow and returned to the CitizenM afterwards.

Absolutely fantastic customizable room - great shower- everythings fantastic, event he drinks quite reasonabley priced (for a hotel).

The prices for the hotel itself are okay too, for a one night stay wouldnt buy over a week here too expensive!

Would definetily stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This is the third time I have stayed in the Glasgow chain. The staff are always attentive and helpful, bathroom could have been cleaner but nothing to gripe about. Great selection of food and Drink for snacks. Very central location. Highly recommended

• Stayed July 2013
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I booked this after friends telling me how amazing it was. Myself and my partner were travelling 26 hours back to Scotland after spending 10 months in Australia. Arriving tired, hungry and thirsty (for decent drink) we were greeted by really friendly and genuine staff, shown how to sign in for our room and then told where to find our rooms. The hotel itself was super clean, smelt fresh and looked AMAZING! We got to out room and were amazed at how alternative and space saving the rooms were for their size. Really awesome to look at too! The bed was amazing, the shower was out of this world and the rooms itself were superb. Really comfy 2metre/2metre beds. The cocktails were proper. and the full Scottish breakfast the next day was beautiful! I will be booking here again and have recommended to all my friends who have shared the same experience as myself.

Room Tip: All rooms are soundproof, comfortable and surprisingly spacious! Perfect for 1 or 2 people!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Ultra modern- glad I had granddaughter with me to sort the remote-controlled lights, blinds, temperature, etc,etc. At 13, she was beyond excited. I loved the HUGE bed, FAB pillows and her excitement. Very young staff group who were great- so helpful and friendly. Only gripe was no kettle. As a tea-addict this was disappointing, but sorted by taking a travel kettle.
Would recommend for value and style. Definitely want to return.

Room Tip: Take a travel kettle if a tea or coffee junkie.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KBN70
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Citizen M is in a great location and very different from the hotels I usually stay in. It has great decor and is incredibly modern, possibly a little too modern for my taste. After a long business meeting I'm looking for a comfy sofa for a glass of wine and a nice dinner at a proper table. I knew the sort of thing I was getting booking citizenM but didn't appreciate the lack of my personal taste. I'm sure lots of travellers will love this, but it's not for me.

The rooms aren't big but very well designed and much more comfortable than I expected. The shower is great, the bed is huge and I had a great nights sleep. The WIFI (without messing around with connections and passwords) was instant and the iPhone dock a nice touch.

Breakfast was ok, with a fairly large selection.

I would say this is a good hotel with great gadgets but not really a place to eat. Best to explore Glasgow for food. So, would I recommend the hotel? Yes, I would. It won't however, be on my list of places to stay in Glasgow. I'll go back to Hotel Indigo, more expensive yes, but meets my needs better and I'm also guaranteed a great cocktail and a good dinner too!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JBParks15
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed July 12, 2013

From the moment I arrived at this hotel, I was in love. The location was central, only a short walk to Buchanan Bus Station, Sauchiehall Street, shops and restaurants. (Felt completely safe walking alone at night). The hotel decor is just brilliant. It had a funky, trendy vibe and a lot of young people seemed to make use of their unique lobby. Grabbing a quick breakfast for take away or a drink in the lobby was nice. Check in/check out is done yourself on the computers and is a breeze. Plus, there is always someone around to help you out. The lobby has several seating areas, as well as a bunch of iMac computers with printer access for getting work done or printing boarding passes. The room itself has lovely touches. It was the perfect size and exceeded all my expectations. The highlights were the coloured shower pod, automated blinds (excellent for fighting jet lag!), free movies, and comfy king bed. Could have spent my whole trip in this room & was sad to leave! Will definitely stay again when in Glasgow. It would be silly not to.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo