Citizen M is a fairly unique hotel. It offers nice and comfortable rooms albeit a bit small. Checking in is quick and painless, all done via touchscreen computer with an assistant on hand if your struggling. The staff are extremely helpful, pointing us in the direction of a very good steakhouse 10 minute away in a taxi. The bar/seating area is very relaxed and comfortable and has some very odd seats that are fun to play around on.
The rooms are quirky, with cool led lighting that can be adjusted by touch screen remote control. Ours was on the blink though and it was difficult to adjust the colours at times.
The flats screen TV offers a wide variety of entertainment, all free of charge from music to movies. Some of these did not work as expected and we were particularly disappointed when the adult movie 'cream pie 3' refused to work. I contact reception who were apologetic for the fault and offered to send someone to our room to fix it, but due to the sensitive nature of the content we wanted to watch, we refused their assistance. It would have been better if this could be fixed remotely. In the end, we settled for 'deep throat mayhem' and we're satisfied with our selection.
Due to the way the room us setup, the bathroom facilities offer little privacy. Whilst this is fine when you watch your partner shower naked, it's not so good when nature calls. To put it one way, you'll either hear the sound of waterfalls or mud rushing down the hill during a landslide. This can be a bit embarrassing so it would not be recommend if you were just starting a relationship.
All in all, we had a very enjoyable stay at citizen m and would be happy to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Glasgow's city centre and Theatre District, citizenM Glasgow offers affordable luxury in the form of 198 modern non-smoking rooms. Enjoy free Wi-Fi in the entire hotel, free movies, high pressure rain showers and luxurious linens on an XL king-size bed; contemporary Vitra lobbies for work and play with free iMac access, and a 24/7 on-site eatery and bar to quench every hunger and thirst. CitizenM Glasgow also boasts SocietyM, which provides one-of-a-kind creative meeting spaces for 2 to 18 people, a larger screening room, audiovisual equipment, and reliable Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your citizenM Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- CitizenM Glasgow Scotland