Like most reviewers, on arrival I thought this was a really trendy and funky choice of hotel for an over-nighter with my wife in Glasgow. The hotel emailed us a couple of days before arrival with details of car parks reasonably close to the hotel where we could take advantage of discounted rates. On entering the hotel you take a lift or stairs to the 1st floor where there's a bunch of self-service check-in terminals. Help was on hand from a friendly "ambassador" and we were quickly on our way to, err, the wrong floor, cos we hadn't cottoned on to how to use our room key cards to get the lift to do our bidding. No matter, with a cheery smile we soon found our way to our funky and colourful room on the 4th floor! After the usual cursory inspection of the facilities, we were soon on our way to enjoy an afternoon of shopping in Glasgow. The hotel is towards the top of Glasgow city centre - ideal for shopping in Buchanan Galleries, cinema and theatres which are around here.
We returned to the hotel to get changed for dinner. I guess this is when the flaws started to appear. As the hotel make clear, the rooms are fairly small. There are plenty of reviews here that describe the rooms, storage spaces, shower and bathroom facilities. I won't repeat them here, but suffice to say, don't plan on taking any citizenCats with you as there's no room to swing them!
The novelty of the funky technology soon wore off too. The touch screen on our remote control device was rather unresponsive, so getting anything to work was a major effort. Getting up in the middle of the night for the loo meat lots of faffing about trying to get a light on without turning the room into some kind of Stringfellow's night club or a science fiction-based alien operating theatre!
The bed is big and comfy, and the linens and towels are great quality, so credit where credit is due.
We had pre-booked the cooked breakfast. It was OK, but not great.
I did note that the opaque glass or our bathroom cubicle hadn't been properly cleaned after the previous citizens as their graffiti was clearly visible once the shower steamed up, The chair in our room was also sporting some dubious stains. citizenManagement - please note!
Worth a visit for the novelty value, but too many annoying wee niggles to make me want to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Glasgow's city centre and Theatre District, citizenM Glasgow offers affordable luxury in the form of 198 modern non-smoking rooms. Enjoy free Wi-Fi in the entire hotel, free movies, high pressure rain showers and luxurious linens on an XL king-size bed; contemporary Vitra lobbies for work and play with free iMac access, and a 24/7 on-site eatery and bar to quench every hunger and thirst. CitizenM Glasgow also boasts SocietyM, which provides one-of-a-kind creative meeting spaces for 2 to 18 people, a larger screening room, audiovisual equipment, and reliable Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your citizenM Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- CitizenM Glasgow Scotland