“Confidently Good”
Review of The Two Figs - CLOSED

The Two Figs
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Seasonal produce, freshly cooked in a range of delicious food. Brunch and great coffee daily from 10, great soup and sandwich deals at lunch time. Home made burgers and top quality haddock suppers sit along side an a la carte menu of more adventurous meals. West beers on draft and a range of boutique wines and innovative cocktails. The two figs is open all day, 7 days a week, worth a trip to the bottom of Byres rd.
Venice, Italy
“Confidently Good”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Sometimes you want to hate a place, just because it's the British thing to do when something is confidently good :-/  Well I just can't bring myself to do that with The Two Figs, even though it goes against my every instinct - being British and all (well at least until 18 Sep 2014, or not?). I visited with a couple of friends for an early bite of Dinner/Tea (call it what you want) and even though we were the only ones there, this gastro/bar had atmosphere and character oozing from it's fig pattern wallpaper, stone walls and leather-bound booths.  We all ordered Haddock Suppers at £9-ish and all were appropriately satisfied with the crisply battered fresh fish accompanied by flavoursome chips. I ordered a St Mungo's at £3.70, my current favourite from tap at the mo and I have to say all were served with an honest smile which seems to be the norm at Pot & Kettle's 3 establishments. It's probably time for another wee visit for one of their £5 lunch deals :-)

• Visited May 2013
Daria O, Manager at The Two Figs, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for your fantastic review. I am glad you enjoyed your visit. You can fallow us on the facebook where you can find all updates of our menu and promotions. Look forward to seeing you again at the two figs.

guisborough
“Tasty Food with a Difference.”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

We were expecting traditional pub food but were pleasantly surprised by the menu as there were lots of very different choices on the menu. Three of us opted for the 'super salad' which lived up to its name, full of tasty nutritious ingredients. One of us had soup which was equally tasty, packed with chicken and lentils and flavoursome coriander. We all opted for burgers but different ones and with varied accompaniments. All were delicious and the chips were amazing! We then joined in the quiz which further impressed us. Well done and thank you to the young girl who worked front of house as well as the quizmaster. You are both great assets to The Two Figs.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Couple10
Daria O, Manager at The Two Figs, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for your positive review. it is good to hear you enjoyed your visit and hopefully it is not the last one! Look forward to seeing you again at the two figs.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Nice wee place for breakfast”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Staff all friendly, pleasant music, lovely cappuccino .. Not too big, not too strong. I ordered French toast.. Lovely but very sweet. I only managed two of the three slices. It was made with lovely fresh bread. I will definitely return but perhaps order something different from the menu.

• Visited April 2014
Daria O, Manager at The Two Figs, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for your positive review. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to the two figs. We have many other breakfast menu options so I'm sure you will find something else more to your taste. Look forward to seeing you again.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Nice varied menu”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Went here with a few friends. Great atmosphere, good quality food using fresh ingredients. Great cocktail and wine list and even better music. Will definitely be returning soon

Daria O, Manager at The Two Figs, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for your positive review. It's good to hear you enjoyed your time at the two figs. I will pass your comments to the rest of my team. Look forward to see you again!
uk
“Great wee find”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I came here after visiting kelvin grove gallery. It's a great wee place. I was able to relax and read the Sunday papers whilst enjoying a lovely chick pea and hallumi dish and a fab glad of wine! Highly recommend. :-)

• Visited March 2014
Daria O, Manager at The Two Figs, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for your positive review at the two figs. I'm glad you found two figs relaxing and enjoyable. Look forward to seeing you again.