“First time and definitely not last”
Review of The Two Figs - CLOSED

The Two Figs
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Seasonal produce, freshly cooked in a range of delicious food. Brunch and great coffee daily from 10, great soup and sandwich deals at lunch time. Home made burgers and top quality haddock suppers sit along side an a la carte menu of more adventurous meals. West beers on draft and a range of boutique wines and innovative cocktails. The two figs is open all day, 7 days a week, worth a trip to the bottom of Byres rd.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First time and definitely not last”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Popped in for lunch on a weekday and it was lovely. Straight away, you get a great vibe from the design. Very polite guy served me and made me feel welcome :). I had one of the soups of the day to start which was Cream of Chicken and Mushroom. Delicious but extremely filling, the portion was huge not to mention two muckle chunks of bread! I'm not complaining of course but I still had a burger on the way to tackle, must have taken me about half an hour to finish cause I was stuffed. Still, it just gave me more time to appreciate the food, so again, definitely not complaining. Nice cold glass bottle of coke on the side. Prices were good and I believe they have a lunch special starting up again soon so even more reason to go. And they have a fire! How cool is that?!

• Visited January 2013

Waddinxveen, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty food, very friendly and cozy!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was visiting a friend in Glasgow in December 2012. We visited the two figs because I wanted to eat in a few Scottish restaurants during my holiday, because I come from the Netherlands. The meal was tasty, the people were friendly and atmosphere was great. I recommend the Nachos!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank IristbNL
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Was through in Glasgow visiting some friends today and visited the two figs as its near my friends flat. I never leave reviews but I felt like I had to tell people how good this place is. We were greeted by the really friendly waitress who was lovely, it was quite busy and had a nice buzz about the place, good music too which is always a plus in my book. The food was so good!!! I had a burger with chips which isn't that exciting but probably the best burger I have ever eaten and I don't know how they make their chips taste so good?! Two figs, please come to Edinburgh!

• Visited January 2013
“My favourite place!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

My friends introduced me to the two figs a few months ago and I can't get enough of the place now! It's a lovely wee place, great atmosphere, the food is always yummy and the staff always make you feel relaxed and at home. Not enough people know about this little gem which is a shame as it really is fantastic! My faves are the shwarma dish and I love going on a Sunday for a Bloody Mary and eggs mornay.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Tasty value for money”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Went for a quick bite in between classes after I saw the '£5 pound meal deal' being advertised. Burger and chips was great, and had very little time to wait for it to be made. Friendly atmosphere and service. Will be returning!

Visited January 2013