“unbelievable value”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Top-rated family-run restaurant with modest aims serving contemporary Italian cuisine made by experienced chefs. Our kitchen begins to serve food at 11.30am and the last food orders are at 10pm 7 days per week.
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I went for lunch with friends here yesterday, its a favourite of mine, and again, it didn't disappoint!
Friendly staff, wide variety of choices on the set menu and delicious food. Cant really ask for more.

1  Thank amyjaneburt
Write a ReviewReviews (1,630)

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We had a work night out with 29 people and everything about the night was perfect!! I would recommend Qua to anyone looking for a great meal with great service! I am going to book Qua for my anniversary in the next few weeks

Reviewed February 21, 2014

If you are looking for reasonably priced food during a day's shopping, this restaurant is well worth considering. It's about 10 minutes walk from the Buchanan Street shops, but is worth the exercise.
We've had several lunches here, and have never been disappointed. The atmosphere is welcoming, the food has always been good and the wine reasonably priced. Their house wines have been well chosen and are more than adequate to accompany a lunch. We've previously arranged end of term lunches here for adult courses taken at the nearby university. Each time the feedback from everyone has been very favourable.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Went with my family for my daughters birthday,I had Italian sausage with spaghetti,think it came out a tin and it was lukewarmdisappointed

3  Thank Andyh492
QuaRestaurant, Manager at Qua Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

On my next trip to Tesco I really must look out for those tins of Italian sausage with spaghetti which are made/cooked the exact way our excellent and highly experienced head chef Angelo does such. I wonder if these tins have the same recipe pork, cinnamon, fennel seed and crushed chilli sausage or use the same Barilla brand dried pasta as we do…
Allow me to mirror your condescension of my hardworking staff with my own disdainful comments over your review: - I see from your spelling and grammar issues as well as your use of emoticons that you seem to have been hanging around your kids too much. I also sincerely hope you have not been helping your daughter with her English homework as she is not likely to excel in such subject if so. I can recommend some very good tutors who are customers at our restaurant if you wish to contact me direct to rectify any damage you may have caused to her exam prospects.
Paolo Martone

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Friendly service but really disappointed at quality of food. 3 courses for £10.95 and 2 course for kids at £6. Melon good but adult main course small portions and kids large portion but very poor quality. Dessert tasted like cheap dessert from supermarket with squirty cream ugh!

2  Thank VoiceB

Thanks for commenting positively on the friendly service. All my staff and family members try our very best every day to make our customers happy.
Fortunately for us, the overwhelming majority of our customers are more than satisfied with our food quality and value for money which is why I see so many return on a regular basis. Our food quality and value for money has also been independently highly praised byseveral respected national and local newspaper critics and 100s of other tripadvisor reviewers.
Our mince (used for Bolognese sauce which in turn is used in Spaghetti Bolognese and Lasagne dishes) is made with 100% Scotch Beef. Our beef butcher (we have 3 separate butchers to supply our meat) has over 40 years’ experience in his trade and runs a highly successful and trustworthy business which supplies a great many restaurants in central Scotland and beyond. Our Scotch Beef mince costs me £8 plus VAT per kilo. We order from him over 50 kilos per week. This is not actually a cheap price and I have been offered it far cheaper from other sources but have never taken up any such offers due to the happy customers and a happy chef at the lack of fat and the good quality meat clearly used by our beef butcher for the mince.
Our desserts on the £10.95 3 course menu are from the following sources: Lemon Cheesecake- Costco; Torta Nocciola- local Italian family business Porrelli or sometimes made by me when we run out (we are exceptionally busy some nights and go through over 5 in just one night); Profiteroles- Porrelli; Tiramisu- made by me; Orange Pannacotta Tart- made by our head chef. None are from a supermarket although you may be interested to know that I have taken home many desserts from my local Tesco and they are actually pretty good. “Squirty cream” is used sometimes by us to make a wee rosette beside a slice of fresh strawberry for garnish to make the plate look nice. My Aunt Isabella and my cousin Natascia always try their best to make the desserts look presentable and I think they do a good job of decorating the desserts. Most people do not share your phobia of “squirty cream” and if they do not wish to consume it or the fresh fruit garnish they are clearly not obliged to. Incidentally, you may wish to know that not many adults use noises like “ugh!” to express themselves in such scenarios. Usually such noises are the province Primary School age kids or adults with underdeveloped brains. You mentioned our £6 kids menu and so you may have children yourself. Hopefully for you, the last word of your review was completed by one of your children on your behalf rather than you suffering from brain development or maturity issues.
In any event I shall not be changing our portion sizes or mince supplier nor shall I be stopping my staff/family members from using “squirty cream” on some desserts to make a rosette on plate as a garnish.
Paolo Martone