“Worth a visit.”

Qua Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Qua Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 2,472 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Top-rated family-run restaurant with modest aims serving contemporary Italian cuisine made by experienced chefs. Our kitchen begins to serve food at 11.30am and the last food orders are at 10pm 7 days per week.
Reviewed October 16, 2013

On meeting a friend in Glasgow, we decided to go to Qua for some lunch. We both ordered from the very well priced £5.95 lunch menu. My friend ordered Minestrone for starter, and for main course ordered the Pollo Cacciatore, consisting of a tomato, mushroom and mixed herb sauce. She thoroughly enjoyed both dishes.

I ordered Bruschetta Pomodoro for starter, and it was very good. I then ordered a Margherita Pizza for main course, which was also really enjoyable.

After the main course, we both ordered deserts. My friend ordered (and thoroughly enjoyed) Apple Strudel, while I ordered the Chocolate Cake. It was also delicious.

The staff were very professional, and were not intrusive which was nice.

For both of us, the cost came to £25, which was excellent value for money. Qua is definitely a place I recommend you visit if you are looking for a real Italian dining experience to remember.

There are newer reviews for Qua Italian Restaurant

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

3 course set meal absolutely fantastic, waiter couldnt have been any nicer and very helpful as I am allergic to lettuce and he made sure when I asked for no lettuce I still got tomato and onion which no other restaurant has done, all in all we will definitely be back.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I took a party of 8 to the restaurant. We had the pre-theatre set menu which was excellent both in quality and price.
The staff were very efficient, without appearing brusque, and when they found that we weren't in a hurry, they left good time between courses. Even special dietry requirements were accommodated. Go!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely meal here last Saturday. Food was really lovely. Veal and Steak main courses were both delicious.
Wine very nice and staff friendly but not intrusive. My 2nd visit - won't be my last. Knocks the socks of its neighbours in my opinion.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I ate in the evening on the fixed price menu - which while good value. The lemon cheesecake was sickly and stodgy. The food came out suspiciously fast - but the starter and main course were ok but I didn't think the lasagne was freshly cooked. It was cheap so I guess what do you expect - lesson learned you get what you pay for. Staff were excellent though.

2  Thank janefromharrogate
QuaRestaurant, Manager at Qua Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

You have unrealistic and unreasonable expectations of what to expect when only paying £10.95 for a starter, main course and then dessert. If you were prepared to pay for it, our head chef Angelo or our pizza chef Vincenzo would have been more than happy to make you something more befitting of your expectations. We are a family restaurant and our aim is to offer friendly and efficient service of fresh honest food. Your suspicions regarding the speed you were served are unfounded. The set menu dishes are designed for ease/speed of preparation and cooking by our chefs. Re: the lasagne, we make at least one tray every morning and sometimes we are so busy that we have to make another tray before for the evening service. It is not possible for lasagne to be more fresh than this in a busy restaurant like ours. Making one portion of lasagne from scratch every time someone ordered it would be ridiculous as it would take 40 mins to cook and require one chef just for this one dish. One chef is expected to be able to cook for 100+ customers per night in our busy bustling restaurant. As regards your "sickly" and "stodgy" lemon cheesecake: this is the best cheesecake I am able to buy for the price. We do not make the cheesecake as our chefs are too busy making trays of lasagne etc. on a daily basis. We go through more than 15 cheesecakes (18 portions in each cake roughly) per week. It is the most popular and usually most well received dessert. I, personally, love it and am frequently unable to resist a slice before I close the restaurant and go home each night I work. Most lemon cheesecakes are quite sweet and heavy. Perhaps you should not have chosen our very nice lemon cheesecake if you do not like a sweet or heavy dessert.
Thanks for recognising the good service you said you were given and that our "staff were excellent".
Paolo Martone