“The Best of the best!!!!”
Review of Swadish

Swadish
Ranked #35 of 2,733 Restaurants in Glasgow
Description: Modern Indian Cuisine. We take authentic flavours and create innovative and delicious food. Fantastic Vegan Menu available.
Reviewed January 21, 2020

I have travelled all over the world and the length and breadth of the UK and this is the best Indian restaurant I have ever visited and I have now been here twice. This is my first choice restaurant in Glasgow by a country mile.
The chef is awesome and friendly just like the rest of the staff. There is a dish you HAVE to try. It’s slightly more expensive than other dishes but worth every penny. It’s called Lamb Nihari Biryani. An over generous portion that is flavoursome, absolutely full of succulent juicy land exploding with different spices. Absolute top class !! 11/10 !!

1  Thank stevef051264
Write a reviewReviews (229)

Reviewed January 20, 2020

To start we had the prawns and chicken, both were absolutely delicious. The chicken was so succulent and tender, with a mint chutney that had great flavour. The prawns came with an avocado aioli dip which was lovely too!

For main, three words : Mango peshwari naan. It was delicious and a perfect accompaniment to our meal. I highly recommend the lamb korma, was not like any other korma I've ever had - absolutely amazing flavours.

The staff were so hospitable, the chef even came out at the end of the meal to ensure we had enjoyed our meal!

Honestly cannot recommend Swadish enough - already have a loyalty card for it!

Date of visit: November 2019
2  Thank grbleak
Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

Visited restaurant with group of friends. What a lovely find. Quality over quantity place. Food was utterly delicious. Scottish trout with bengali sauce was heavenly and remeinded me of my visit to India. Finally something glasgow needed. Must visit.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank thaparnavtej
Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

We went for lunch with a family group

Two of our grown up kids are vegetarian and were delighted with the wide variety of options they had.
I particularly liked the small dish / tapas option where you could try smaller amounts of different dishes. I had mango chicken and fish pakora.

The poppadoms came with 3 different types plain, millet and another one that looked like rice crispy but tasted amazing. Served with mango & tomato garlic dips and carrots in a spicy sauce.

The staff were very helpful and attentive.

For 7 people with drinks the cost was around £138

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

Food was delicious, I was unsure what to pick from the menu so the waitress helped me pick depending on the level of spice I like which was helpful.
The chef was also kind enough to swap the chicken in my main for prawns which were absolutely delicious :)