“love this place so much I almost don't want to share.”

House for an Art Lover - Art Lovers Cafe
Ranked #194 of 2,568 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Designed by the famous Scottish architect Charles Rennie Mackintosh, it's one of the city's finest wedding and events venues also home to the popular Art Lovers Cafe and Art Lovers Shop.In the Art Lovers Café, we have a passion for good food and friendly service. Open daily 10am to 5pm, lunch served between 12pm and 4pm, it is the perfect location to ‘do lunch’.We have a great team of Chefs sourcing ingredients from local suppliers.
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The food is just so good, so unexpectedly good, and it's just a gorgeous setting, it's a treat for your whole self, not just your tum!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I enjoyed lunch here with my parents and was surprised the Cafe was so busy on a Monday. Now I know how good it is, I understand why! There was a real buzz about the place and service was both happy and efficient. The food was delicious; I especially liked the Sea Bream. Quite pricey (think of this as a restaurant and not as a "museum cafe") but I'd say good value. The last reviewer commented that portions sizes were small; they are small, but, for me, not too small. Again, think restaurant or "gastropub" rather than cafe. If you come expecting large helpings of chips with everything, you will be disappointed.

Good though the atmosphere was, it was also quite loud. Not so much because people made a lot of noise, but more a result of a lot "hard surfaces" and echoes. So not so good if you are looking for a quiet place for lunch.

2  Thank grantem2000
Reviewed February 5, 2013

After being in the audience of a charity radio event in the morning i thought somewhere nice with my mother might be appropriate.. a short drive away was a suggested eating place from some work colleagues.
Parking the car in the fresh winter sunshine.. lovely quiet part of Bellahouston park, set in picturesque area (more so in summer probably), art deco - Charles Rennie Mackintosh- designed building......ok!!!!!
2 courses each, fairly reasonable 15 or so quid for both courses... Service was ok.. atmosphere probably a wee bit " la di da" for us to be honest...a bit pretentious for what it was.
Food was well presented, tasty.. but woefully short in portion size (we both went home and made something to eat afterwards).
Its an ok place.. but better value for money deals and cafe/restaurants elsewhere.

1  Thank Stephen L
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is actually my second visit here I went in the summer and ate outside which was lovely, had to write a review as our office Christmas lunch was superb. We had 6 people in our group, 2 of who visit regularly. Great choice from the menu and at a good price. Food was superb in all courses, beautifully presented, hot tasty, good quality food with good service. I would highly recommend a visit.

1  Thank 3lauries
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was in a party of 5 who visited ath Art Lovers Cafe for a family Christmas Lunch. The menu had 6 choices for each of 3 courses. We all chose to have a Main and desert. Each course was well presented and very tasty, testified by the 10 clean plates that were returned to the kitchen!
We had 2 Christmas Turkey, rump of lamb and 2 steamed cod all of which were excellent. Sweets were 3 dark chocolate torts and 2 creme brulles which were again eaten with great pleasure.
Service was friendly efficient and disceet. All in all an excellent meal at a time when so many festive meals elsewhere disappoint.