“Super Christmas lunch”

House for an Art Lover - Art Lovers Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
House for an Art Lover - Art Lovers Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #216 of 2,393 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Designed by the famous Scottish architect Charles Rennie Mackintosh, it's one of the city's finest wedding and events venues also home to the popular Art Lovers Cafe and Art Lovers Shop.In the Art Lovers Café, we have a passion for good food and friendly service. Open daily 10am to 5pm, lunch served between 12pm and 4pm, it is the perfect location to ‘do lunch’.We have a great team of Chefs sourcing ingredients from local suppliers.
Johnstone, United Kingdom
“Super Christmas lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is actually my second visit here I went in the summer and ate outside which was lovely, had to write a review as our office Christmas lunch was superb. We had 6 people in our group, 2 of who visit regularly. Great choice from the menu and at a good price. Food was superb in all courses, beautifully presented, hot tasty, good quality food with good service. I would highly recommend a visit.

1 Thank 3lauries

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Christmas Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was in a party of 5 who visited ath Art Lovers Cafe for a family Christmas Lunch. The menu had 6 choices for each of 3 courses. We all chose to have a Main and desert. Each course was well presented and very tasty, testified by the 10 clean plates that were returned to the kitchen!
We had 2 Christmas Turkey, rump of lamb and 2 steamed cod all of which were excellent. Sweets were 3 dark chocolate torts and 2 creme brulles which were again eaten with great pleasure.
Service was friendly efficient and disceet. All in all an excellent meal at a time when so many festive meals elsewhere disappoint.

Glasgow
“About time I left a review of this fabulous place... Simply the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have visted the Art Lovers Cafe on countless occasions and following their Glasgow Restaurant award this week for 'Best casual dining' I felt it was about time I added my review. I've going to ALC for around 7 years. It is part of House for an art lover within Bellahouston Park, which is gre at for taking a little stroll to let your lunch go down afterwards. The kids park is a highlight too (not your standard park and my little one loves it). Art Lovers Cafe really is a bit special to say the least. The setting, the food, the staff and just the overall experience always manages to feel you feel like you are having a bit of a treat. It's a fab place to take somone for their birthday or a special occasion or just because you fancy it! The menu is varied and caters to all tastes and pockets. I tend to go for the fish which is always perfectly cooked, the desserts are also a highlight and always look too good to eat, So pretty! You can also pop in for tea and cakes though or a light-bite. ~They also do a fab kids menu. All homemade and healthy which is a refeshing change. Drawing and crayons are also always provided so it really is a great place to take kids too. My Dad visited last year from the South of France and was so impressed with ALC that it was his first request when he came back to Glasgow this year (and we visited A LOT of places). The a la carte menu is as good as any retaurant in town and really is michelin star quality. I would say that it's a shame they only open for lunch, but at night you wouldnt get one of the nicest things - the huge arched window that looks out to the gardens whilst you eat. Lovely! I look forward to many more special meals at what has grown to be my joint favourite eatery in Glasgow (along with Two Fat Ladies at the Buttery). Keep up the good work ALC - I love ya!

1 Thank starrysonja
Crail, United Kingdom
“Christmas treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed an excellent lunch here. The Christmas menu was available with traditional turkey on offer. The crab and trout salad starter was full of flavour. We opted for rump of lamb instead of turkey, it was cooked to perfection and was very tender. I had room for Christmas pud which was rather stodgy, the pannacotta which my wife had was deemed perfect!
Three courses with a glass of wine and coffee for just over £50, reasonable.

Naples, Florida
“Best meal in Glasgow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had lunch here before visiting the House fer an Art Lover. Well the fare here is definately for food lovers. We had 2 perfectly prepared fish dishes. The ambiance was very comfortable. Service was efficient. If it weren't so far out of town, we would have returned for another meal.

Visited September 2012