“Fantastic value, authentic tastes.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tinto Tapas Bar

Tinto Tapas Bar
Ranked #278 of 2,393 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Donaghadee, United Kingdom
“Fantastic value, authentic tastes.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

3 tapas for less than £8! So much choice and flavour. Unlike other tapas restaurants, each dish did not taste the same. Decent portions, great paella. Small restaurant, like a real taverna. Would recommend!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I just hope that the next time will be more enjoyable that my most recent trip.......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I first went to this restaurant with a groupon code last year and absolutely loved it! Saying this however, it wasn't until it came up on groupon again that I decided to go back (don't think that it is particularly good value for money).
However, after loving the place so much on my first trip I was really disappointed to find that the standards had slipped somewhat and that the beef in pepper sauce had been removed from the menu as that was my partner's favourite! As well as this, when phoning to reserve a table we were given one no problem however, when we mentioned on the phone that it was with a groupon code they changed their mind and said there was no space in the restaurant for us at the time they had just agreed to....?!? I don't know if they have a specified number of groupon codes allowed in the place at the one time but if this is the case it certainly wasn't specified when I bought the deal. We eventually managed to agree to another time however when we got to the restaurant found that the table they had given us wasn't actually big enough for the dishes served with the deal?? In general, the whole place requires a major revamp - providing larger tables which is difficult due to it being such a small space to begin with!
Given that I thoroughly enjoyed my experience the first time round I will no doubt be back again, I just hope that the next time will be more enjoyable that my most recent trip.......

• Visited January 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favourite restaurant in Glasgow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Always fantastic tasty food, great atmosphere and full of character. Does good deals as well on a Sunday and Tuesday. Very busy at weekend so need to book.

• Visited April 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great food, but felt rushed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

It's not often that I'd say attentive waiters were a problem, but I felt very rushed with my meal. I'd met with a friend and we had 3 tapas dishes each including one from the daily specials.
The food was delicious and full of flavour and reasonably priced.
But I found it unnecessary to be asked several whilst eating our mains if everything was ok, and clearing of individual dishes whilst still eating others made us feel rushed.
The second a drink was finished the glass was removed, the second a plate clear, it was gone.
We had 2 courses, and although I can't fault the food, we were served, had eaten and paid the bill within about 45 minutes.
Great food, but maybe avoid if you're looking for a relaxing night catching up with friends. You won't hear them over the loud Spanish music anyway! :)

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank granticle
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“A touch of Spain Glasgow style”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

located a 10 min cab ride from the city centre this Ta pas restaurant is just down the road from Hampden Park on the south side and is a real taste of Spain. Small and intimate the service was attentive and warming and only superseded by the excellent range of dishes which excelled expectations. A definite must to all future visits.

Visited December 2012