“absolutely fabulous here.”

Amore Ristorante Pizzeria
Ranked #98 of 2,413 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Amore opened it's doors in September 2008 in the heart of the Merchant City, Glasgow, and has continued to serve up fantastic dishes within the elegant decor which has had no expense spared. All of this makes Amore a state of the art restaurant and a fine dining ambience that can be enjoyed by anyone, from couples, families and casual diners alike. Every small detail has been taken care of from the private booths, romantic setting and even the branded napkins, uniforms and gifts.
London, United Kingdom
“absolutely fabulous here.”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Great food great value for money . The waiting staff were both entertaining and efficient but relaxed.The atmosphere was warm and friendly but unobtrusive. Worth the visit and a great place to catch up with friends. Definitely will visit again.ADP

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
East Kilbride, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Just love Amore. The lunch and pre-theatre menu are such good value for money. The food is fantastic - something to suit everyone. The staff are great. They were so good with my 21 month old. It's always busy and has a great buzz to it - it's nice to see a restaurant so popular and busy. Not for you if you're looking for a romantic meal, but if you're after a girlie lunch or birthday meal or want to take kids - it's ideal. So much so that I'm about to book it for my step son's 21st birthday!!!

• Visited February 2014
Gourock
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love Amore”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The food and service are the mainstay of the this gem in Glasgow. It can be a bit busy but that is because it is so popular. If you want a quiet evening meal this might not be for you, if you want a great meal, excellent service, a warm welcome and to leave with a smile on your face I can think of no place better.

• Visited February 2014
Beith, Scotland
“Not the restaurant it used to be - meat in veggie dish!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Unfortunately this restaurant has really declined in service and food quality. I used to go regularly as the food was fantastic and the staff were lovely and friendly. It seems to have got very popular over the last year or so (it was queued out the door when I went) but as a result of this the food and service has really suffered. It has turned into a cheap and cheesy restaurant.
I ordered off the A la carte menu as didn't fancy anything on the fixed price menu (two courses for £7.95). I was with two others who ordered off this menu. When the food came I clearly had received the starter from the fixed menu and not the A la carte menu which turned out to be the case at the end of the meal when we got the bill. My vegetarian main course to my absolute horror had a big chunk of chicken in it. This is a cardinal sin for a restaurant, meat should be no where near vegetarian dishes. The kitchen was clearly very busy but this is no excuse! I also ordered a can of Limonatta (the fancy lemonade) and a glass of water - but instead I got a watery glass of tap lemonade and got charged £2.45 for the pleasure!
The food on the fixed price menu is not good enough and the price of the a la carte is much more than other italian restaurants i.e. Jamies or pizza express. The drinks are very overpriced also.
When we got our bill we had been overcharged and when we pointed this out to the waitress she said that they had made a mistake and given us something we hadn't ordered (one of my friends who ordered off fixed price got an a la carte starter instead) but since we ate it they wouldn't change the bill....WHAT they made a mistake but we had to pay for it...sorry but this is awful customer service.
We won't be going back which is a real shame as we used to love this restaurant.
Avoid and go to Jamies or Pizza Express (5 mins away)!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank 10501050sarah
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“J”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Best wee Italian restaurant in Glasgow ,being someone who has been in most of them in city, every time we've visited 9 out of 10 every single time for quality of food, service , atmosphere & vfm....