“Great 'pit stop' lunch”

Amore Ristorante Pizzeria
Ranked #90 of 2,472 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Amore opened it's doors in September 2008 in the heart of the Merchant City, Glasgow, and has continued to serve up fantastic dishes within the elegant decor which has had no expense spared. All of this makes Amore a state of the art restaurant and a fine dining ambience that can be enjoyed by anyone, from couples, families and casual diners alike. Every small detail has been taken care of from the private booths, romantic setting and even the branded napkins, uniforms and gifts.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I met for lunch here one day - we're both very busy and this was a great opportunity to get some time away from work and kids. The speediness of the service and quality of the food was exceptional. Added to that the lunch menu tariffs are very reasonable.
I'd recommend this if you're nipping out for lunch for a quick rest and change of scene.

There are newer reviews for Amore Ristorante Pizzeria

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I love this restuarant, food is always high standard and staff look after you. Been on a number of occassions and never been disappointed.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Went here midweek for my friends retirement party and couldn't fault it. Food was delicious, staff were attentive and it was reasonably price. Load to choose from the set menu. it was quiet busy for widweek but good atmosphere

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I go to Amore regularly with my family. My kids love the place . Family run business with fantastic service and great food . The place is always very busy so book in advance . I was there again last night with another family and we enjoyed a fantastic evening. Always a great atmosphere, a friendly welcome , I would not hesitate to recommend Amore to anyone

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Visited Amore early saturday evening after high recommendations from family. Had a table booked for 4.30pm which we had booked on-line on the Thursday. On booking was told an email or phone call would follow to confirm the reservation, this never came and had to check by phoning the restaurant a few hours before that all was well. On arrival the place was busy but we were seated right away and a drinks order was promptly taken. The lunch/early evening menu runs to 5pm but no menu for this was given to us. I asked if it was still on and the menu was made available. I ordered from this menu and found it had a good selection and seemed great value at £7.95 for two courses. My wife ordered from the main menu which also seemed to offer good value and choice ,( it took her more than ten mins to make up her mind such was the choice available ). After ordering our starters came within 5 mins. I had mushrooms and my wife had Bruschetta. Both were basic but tasty and a decent sized portion. Despite clearly not being finished we were asked if we were and thats when it started to feel a little rushed. The minute we did finish the waiter was over to take the plates away. My wife left to go to the toilet and at that point our mains arrived. Thought it ridiculous that there was only a couple of mins between the courses. My wifes pasta dish from the main menu was double the portion of my pasta dish from the early evening menu. The food was again fine for what you are paying for it. Again an over anxious waiter asked us if we were finished when we clearly still had food left to eat on our plate. When we were finished we were asked if it was all ok and i said it was very rushed, "oh sorry" was his reply and he was off with our plates. I asked for the bill and it arrived like a shot. We paid and left, the time was 5.25pm. We had thought we would book our dinner for 4.30, have a couple of courses, some drinks and sample the atmosphere the restaurant was praised for then meet friends for drinks at 6.30. Instead we were in and out within 55 mins. If i wanted fast food i would have been better going to Macdonalds. The staff clearly have instruction to turn tables over quickly, most places do this on a Saturday and this does make me reluctant to try a city centre restaurant at the weekend. No matter what the day of the week poor service is poor service.

2  Thank Martin B