“amazing amore”

Amore Ristorante Pizzeria
Ranked #79 of 2,542 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Amore opened it's doors in September 2008 in the heart of the Merchant City, Glasgow, and has continued to serve up fantastic dishes within the elegant decor which has had no expense spared. All of this makes Amore a state of the art restaurant and a fine dining ambience that can be enjoyed by anyone, from couples, families and casual diners alike. Every small detail has been taken care of from the private booths, romantic setting and even the branded napkins, uniforms and gifts.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

staff very efficient,attentive and friendly, but not over bearing, gorgeous decor, now food.....wow, fantastic, we are regular customers and never had a bad meal in 3 years, always well presented . family friendly. thanks the benson family

Write a ReviewReviews (1,315)

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Decided to visit Amore after two friends recommended it, we weren't disappointed. Went safe with jalepeno peppers stuffed with cheese and potatoe wedges with chilli and sour cream dips to start followed by pizza (margerita and italian sausage)

Starters were nice enough, came to the table piping hot but got the impression they were not made on the premises and they lacked a bit of flavour. Both were accompamied by an extremely fresh salad with a good balsamic dressing.

Good pizzas, thin and crisp, came with good colour on the base and edges. The italian sausage was very flavoursome and there was a generous portion on the pizza.

Waiting staff were pleasant and efficient without being over friendly, would definately go back and try other dishes. The restaurant has a really good feel about it.

1  Thank johnw046
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have visited Amore few times. Last time I have decided to go there for late lunch was terrible. To start chicken on my pizza tasted like curry, but what is more, we have been asked to move table because they have forgetten about some reservation to come in etc. It did not bother us at all, we were waiting for desserts only. The wost part of it all was the waiter said to as let me get some complimentary drinks for you, and after avoided our table as far as he could. We never expected anything but when someone comes to you and say, and after just avoid it is inappropriate. So I won`t go back there never again!

1  Thank KathrinaGlasgow
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had 2 courses from the Lunch Menu for less than £8-00 a head. The food was plentiful, excellent quality and piping hot. The staff were friendly and attentive. This was our first visit but we will be back! Highly recommended for a good value lunch.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I go to amore regularly but I went a few weeks ago for my nephews birthday and was disappointed with the service. I book a table the night before and had to wait 45mins when I arrived for the table to be ready as previous people were still in, food was great but service was a bit slower than it normally is!

1  Thank Mistacraig