“should be shut down”

Ranked #32 of 36 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“should be shut down”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

i stayed at this place for one night and even though i was only at the actual hotel for around 7-8 hours, it didnt take long for me to find out how much of a dump it was.
firstly; they had messed up our bookings so that we did not have to rooms we paid for.
In the rooms their was no hot water, the curtain rails fell off (then i was accused of swinging from them), the toilets were blocked. When we arrived back from a family party at around 12 o'clock we were locked out but after 5 or 6 phone calls and 15 minutes of waiting around the porter finally came to open to door for us. When i got into my room i tried to turn the light on and then realised i had no light bulb in my light, also the lamp didnt work so i had to leave my door open while i got ready for bed. The sleep all night was terrible the matteress was as thin as a piece of paper and the radiators were always on full blast.
When i woke up to go for breakfast i went for the cereal which i then noticed was all out of date.

after all of this that had happend i wanted to complain to the manager, but when i asked for him i was told that he started at 10, so i waited till 10 and he didnt arrive, although he did eventually arrive just at 12 so not much but 2 hours late? if i was 2 hours late to work i would be sacked. I got no apology that he was late just bilgerance and aggressiveness.
I would advise people to not book into this hotel! i can guarentee i will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: a tip for a good room? Dont Book Here!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JRule

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Moira, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2012

family function took us to this place.Stayed 1 night and thanks be only 1 night!
Room was so small that the 2 single beds were against one wall-foot to foot!
No en-suite, just a hand basin which was totally blocked.
Kettle not working
Roller blind would not go up in the morning which ment dressing in very low lighting while husband held the blind up! I found the broken bits in the drawer!
Shared bathroom between 6 bedrooms did not have a mirror in it
bedroom radiator not working....cold at night
glasses in bedroom had lipstick marks

good points- staff were lovely
room and beds clean

Room Tip: make sure you book with an en-suite
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank jinnyl

Travelers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

Paris, France
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Not expecting alot but found staff lovely and could not of been much closer to where I needed to be.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Cumbria
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Cant comment on the hotel, but the management leaves a lot to be desired! Booked hotel on lastmin.com on friday for a stay on saturday only to arrive to no room! only had non en-suite rooms available which was not an option for me! Manager said that it was the fault of last min.com and offered to find me room in another hotel but this was also no good for me! felt that this was a ploy to get all the rooms booked out and probably didn't have any en-suite rooms at the time of booking and was hoping that we would accept. If you book double check with hotel that they have a room or you could end up sleeping on family's sofa as we did!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank CumbriaBooboo
Fullarton, Public Relations Manager at The Fullarton Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
My apologies for the late response to your comment as I have only just discovered that we are rated on tripadvisor and will be paying closer attention to this from now as we value all our customers comments and feedback. I can only apologise for the mix up with the room that you booked via lastminute.com and can assure you that this was not a ploy to fill up all our hotel rooms as you suggest. There was a room available as the management informed you although not en suite, which did not suit, therefore the management did offer to find you alternative accommodation to suit all your needs which again did not suit. Unfortunately there was nothing else we could do to make things right for you but feel we did offer alternatives to make your experience with The Fullarton Park Hotel a more pleasant one.
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2010

I actually stayed in this hotel a while go now but i thought i would write a reveiw as i did actually enjoy this hotel.

Me and my brother were going to see a dj at the arches and the same day there was a celtic and rangers game on, so as we left it to the last minute there wasnt much availablilty left...this is when we found the fullarton park, it was a little bit further out than we wanted but it was a really good price, i read the reviews and i thought to myself its one night how bad can it be so i went with a completely open mind.

My brother had arrived in glasgow before me as had to work during the day, when he first checked in the guy had told him he had made a mistake and double booked us, but as soon as he had said it he sorted this out and showed my brother to the room.

I arrived later on around 8pm and the pub was in full swing, i called my brother to come and meet me outside but instead i was greeted by the guy who ran the hotel, he was soo friendly and welcoming.

I got shown upto my room and it was really nice, alot more than i expected from a 1star hotel, fresh clean towels, clean room, tea and coffee making facilities, it was a little bit cold as i was there in the winter but not too bad, it was plain and simple but slightly modern, the shower was a little bit tempramental running hot and cold but iv had this experience in 5 star hotels, u cant have everything.

The only thing i would say tht bothered me was tht the lock on my door didnt work tht wel and i couldnt lock it when i was in the room myself but my brother managed to lock it when we came in.

Yes it is part of a pub on our way out we stayed for a couple drinks n the atmosphere was brill, we werent going to be back before the pub shut so the noise would never of been an issue for us.

We never had breakfast at the hotel, but on leaving we sat and had a couple drinks with the staff.

I would definatly come back to this hotel.....honestly if you are looking for a quiete break, or you are elderly or per say got an early start i wont recommend it, but if you are like me and like a bit of a party atmosphere this hotel fits the bill perfectly.

Oh and it was only £7 for a taxi int glasgow centre which i thought was reasonable, be careful you dont get scammed as one guy tried to charge us £15.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank missxtx
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2010

I booked this hotel on Booking.com and despite an email advising payment would not be taken prior to arrival, full payment was taken although the reservation was cancelled within two and a half hours of making the booking. Now trying to get my money back.

Stayed November 2010
1 Thank glasgow_colin73
My apologies for the late response to your comment as I have only just discovered that we are rated on tripadvisor. It is unfortunate that you were in this position but I can not speak on behalf of booking.com as they have different policies from ourselves. I trust that everything is sorted with yourself and booking.com and can only again apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused you.
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2010

Stayed here as the Travel Lodge was fully booked. It cost my company £50 so I expected a good level of comfort. Here's what I got - a freezing room (it never - and I mean NEVER) warmed up during my overnight stay. The bed was very lumpy and I even ended up using the duvet off the other single bed and sleeping in my jumper and jeans to keep warm. Television had no remote control (I presume that had been stolen). The shower the next morning just did not work - not even a drip. The water (as I had to do a basic strip wash) was ice cold. The breakfast was a very basic continental one (cereal, toast and tea or coffes) Nothing done to good standard - it is a hotel attached to a public house and resturant. The pub is noisy and it iwas very very late indeed before the music stopped - really brilliant if you have a 9:00 am meeting the next day! There was a really nice pleasant guy whom I handed my key to but he quickly cleared off before I could complain. I would not recomend this hotel for anyone hoping to do business. The restaurant beside -called the conservatory though is very good but the accommodation is woeful - hence the review. I would hate anyone to be as short changed as I was for the stay here - I was honestly shocked it cost so much even at £25 it would have been £10 too much. Money for old rope I think.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
My apologies for the late response to your comment as I have only just discovered that we are rated on tripadvisor. If you read our website it is clear that the Fullarton Park Hotel is a hotel with a bar and restaurant. It also tells you when booking that the breakfast included is continental, however there is a full hot breakfast menu available should you wish to purchase. It was unfortunate that your stay was in January when experiencing one of our worst ever winters. If you had mentioned to any member of staff that even though the heating was on you were still feeling it cold we could have done something about it. As for the lumpy single bed we have never had any complaints regarding this before. I am unsure as to why there was no remote control and think it is unfair to presume that it had been stolen. Again should you have mentioned at the time about all of the above points, or when checking out we could have and would have done everything to have made it a better experience for you.